Manpower vs. womanpower

Help Support CattleToday:

JSCATTLE

Reaction score
Not all men are created equal either . So you can actually break this down until your blue in the face . I just don't see the point .

Sir Loin or Jack Mehoff, doesn't matter. You're one in the same. No way you could find somebody as crazy as you are, that writes the same way, and stupid enough to post on your behalf

JSCATTLE":ugemuyto said:
Not all men are created equal either . So you can actually break this down until your blue in the face . I just don't see the point .
That's because your not insane.

Jack-Off, I doubt that Sir Loin asked you to just check in -- with some stupid assss crap that demeans women. I think SL is not taking the break he said he' take (and needs to take). Flake off, Jack-Off. And take your demented friend with his hypothetical questions and stupid polls with you.

Dumba$$, I hope you don't last long, and your tag name says it all about you.

MehoffJack":3rwyal29 said:
Manpower vs. womanpower

Hi everyone I am new here and was asked by Sir Loin to stop by and see if I could help end the controversy and misunderstandings over the needed manpower on a farm issue.

In the simplest terms manpower is energy supplied by humans. Man, woman or child, it doesn't matter who they are.
Manpower is the equivalent of horsepower if the energy is supplied by horse or mechanical means measured in horsepower such as a tractor or truck.

Webster:
1 : power available from or supplied by the physical effort of human beings
2 usually man·pow·er: the total supply of persons available and fitted for service

In today's world the term we use for manpower is "human resource" but it is still measured in manpower which includes all genders and ages.

The purpose and responsibility is personnel planning is to:
1. SAFTLY ( Safety must always be first)
2. get the job done
3. In the most economically way possible ( for profit )

Here are the commonly accepted manpower rating used by most all personnel planers, weather they admit to it or not.
One manpower equals 1.0 [ gender male ]
One manpower equals .8 [ gender female ]
One manpower equals .5 [ either gender 15 years of age, depending on child labor laws. Some restrictions apply. ]
Sorry folks no matter how much we would like it to be true, we are all not created equal when it comes to strength and stamina. If we were you ladies would be playing in the NFL and there wouldn't be need for the women's Olympics.

When UPS decided to hire woman as delivery drivers they put a 70 lb weight restriction on all parcels.

Now as I am not as familiar with a cattle operation, here are the numbers Sir Loin gave me.
About, with a small herd, 80% of the time you can ( 2. get the job done )
( 3. In the most economically way possible ( for profit ) with a 1.8 manpower

It is that 20 % of the time you need a full 2.0 manpower to accomplish all of:
1. SAFTLY ( Safety must always be first)
2. get the job done
3. In the most economically way possible ( for profit )

At these time the best thing to do is hire part time " adult male qualified" personnel.

Now I personally know Sir Loin and I know he has always been one to preach safety.
And I also know he will fight political correctness in the interest of safety while supporting women's right .

Below is a source you might want to read if you are planning a business.
Same of things may not apply to cattle, but this should give you plenty of food for thought as it applies to personnel.
Good luck everyone and thanks for reading my post and I hope I was able to clear a few things up.
I'll stop back later to see if there are any question, but for now I am needed back on my investment board.
TTF
Jack

See: WHAT IS PERSONNEL PLANNING?
2. Demographics. The age and sex groupings of the
population and what may happen to them in the
future.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

:roll: Good try, SL. LOL! Your approach to the "woman thing" was all wrong. If you would have said that the majority of women in the US wouldn't do a lick of agricultural work on a ranch/farm, you would have been absolutely correct. But, the same would hold true of men. However, if your were to investigate JUST medium and small sized ranches/farms, I firmly believe that you would find that the backbreaking work performed was evenly distributed. And I believe this is why many find some of your statements very insulting. Men and women may not exactly perform the same chores on a ranch/farm but that means nothing. In fact, I have witnessed women outperforming men, many times, on a farm. Each household has a division of of labor which works for them. To categorize ranch/farm women as 'lesser' is simply ignorance of the facts. I am not including the 'hobby' ranch/farm in my views, as that may be a whole different ballgame. I am referring to those medium and small ranch/farms that operate for a living.

Kathie in Thorp":1iyt4dhw said:
Ouachita":1iyt4dhw said:
Classic mindset of a stalker.
I'm not a mind-reader or a profiler -- BUT HE IS SCAREY! Anyone know who he actually is?

This type comes and then moves on, best to ignore them. They are thriving on attention. So goes things with the Internet.

Isomade":1ic9181r said:
JSCATTLE":1ic9181r said:
That's because your not insane.
A little goofy maybe haha

What, I do not think that he (SL) has ever had ant thing to do with any girl or lady. Not that I claim to know much, about the subject. He needs to go watch some ladies rugby union then reevaluate his NLF comments. Rugby Union has one team on the pitch for the whole game, and the male version is pretty full on, the ladies version is well, I would not like to be on the pitch. I do not think that a male NFL line would stand much of a chance.

The size of parcels from UPS or any other company has to do with health and safety issues.

I have run many mixed sex crews in highly physical work, and a mixed sex crew will out work an all male crew. That and music (if you can call it that) with a high beat number per minute is highly effective at getting work done.

I for one know a women that will out work any 2 men sad part is she's gonna work herself to an early grave. This girl runs her own dairy opperation and it is a pretty good size family farm to run by yourself . she also milks every nite at a neibors over 150 girls . Then in her spare time she's got some horses she takes to shows . she dose my ai for me and dosen't chage me a cent . my hat is off to her and those like her. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: Sad part is she'll never read this , she dosen't have time .

In my humble opinion the assigning of a number value to the wrok capabilities by gender is HS. By the nunbers a 70 year old 45 lb man is equal to a 20 year 200 lb man and is more then a 2o year old 100 lb woman. :bs:

MehoffJack":23p30bgb said:
Manpower vs. womanpower

When UPS decided to hire woman as delivery drivers they put a 70 lb weight restriction on all parcels.

I can speak with some experience on this one. As you might expect, it's total BS.

When I started with UPS in 1978 there were already women drivers that had been there for quite some time. The weight limit was 50 lbs. Shortly after that it was raised to 70 lbs. Don't remember exactly when (early 90's?) it was raised to 150 lbs. All this time more women drivers were being hired, not less. Some made it, some didn't. Same as the men. When I retired in 2004 the weight limit was still 150 lbs and, as far as I know, it still is.

gonzo":gdjeawlf said:
I for one know a women that will out work any 2 men sad part is she's gonna work herself to an early grave. This girl runs her own dairy opperation and it is a pretty good size family farm to run by yourself . she also milks every nite at a neibors over 150 girls . Then in her spare time she's got some horses she takes to shows . she dose my ai for me and dosen't chage me a cent . my hat is off to her and those like her. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: Sad part is she'll never read this , she dosen't have time .

That sounds like a woman that you should occasionally take to a late night steak house and buy her a good meal - to thank her for her AI skills. :tiphat:

George

JSCATTLE":co058jxa said:
Hey y does it say I started this tread ????

That's because Mr. Mehoff's ID and posts have now been obliterated by "The Force" and they have disappeared into cyberspace never to return - at least until the next incarnation appears! :tiphat:

George