Manners Part II

Help Support CattleToday:

BeefmasterB":20f4eocw said:
Jogeephus":20f4eocw said:
The yes sir no sir thread got me to thinking about opening doors for people - especially ladies. I was taught you did this even if you had to wait on them to get there. Several years ago during the height of the women's liberation movement I encountered a few women who were insulted by this act. Thankfully it seems this is a rare event today and seems to be limited to those who are "butch". Of course this gives me all the more motivation to continue this. How do ya'll do it?

I do it all the time for the ladies :heart:!!! Most always generates a smile. Although, I have noticed that there are certain ones that rarely ever say "thank you" or appreciate the gesture. (and they weren't butch looking)

I always say thank you, as in this day and age it is definitely not the norm anymore. :)

Keren the only time my husband opens the vehicle door for me anymore is when I am dressed up and have heals on .I think he does it just in case he has to give me a leg up though.. :lol2:

i was taught to open the door for my elders. but it makes me mad when they don't say thank you. or at least smile. kinda makes me want to slam it in their face... but i don't because i wasn't raised that way. :)

Latest posts