Eminent Domain Part Deux

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
When Obama got in office my town jumped on some of the shovel ready grants and tore out the sidewalks and replaced them with brick pavers, blind people pads and all sorts of other things much to the dismay of the taxpayers who saw all this spending as unnecessary during such tight times.

Six years has passed and another grant has come through and they are now tearing out what they just put in six years ago and replacing it with more "improvements" much to the dismay of the residents here.

All that aside, can anyone guess what they paid for this plot of land through their eminent domain? Its 80 square feet total. What do you think would be fair?

Its the piece of land inside the black silt fencing. Don't know how much this cost to put around the property but it was really important that they did this else all the land would wash away into the streams and silt the streams up killing all the fish in the streams then the rivers and ultimately it would kill every fish in every ocean on the planet. Oh, and according to the Environmental Impact Plan there were no rare or endangered or even threatened wildlife species within this area fenced off with the silt fence.

I would offer up a SWAG at the price Jogee. But first, I gotta know, did the land belong to someone on the city council?

No. Belonged to a friend of mine and even he is scratching his head. He said he would have just given it to them had they asked.

$250 K. We're talking government. Raise the property tax base's net value etc. adjoining property's value probably tripled. All down the street too.

Jogeephus":37qgotd7 said:
Worked out to $470,000 per acre. This is just one of many they purchased. :shock:

Pennies on the dollar for the increase in property value and tax base. Seriously. They'll get rich off of this. Property owners paying their taxes are gonna lose.

TexasBred":2y8v81zi said:
$863.00 for his 80 sq. ft ??

Pretty much. To be exact it was $875. He was floored. All they needed it for was to stick a pole down and put a switch box and he said had they just asked him he would have gladly worked something out for little to nothing. He said he thought it was part of the ROW anyhow. Must be the location that makes it so valuable. What with three closed businesses within a stone's throw of the plot.

Its no telling how much it cost for the environmental impact plan and the silt fencing installation. I wish I had a movie camera and filmed the contractors trying to work and set the pole inside the silt fencing without disturbing it. Looked like the Stooges tripping over the cloth. Gov't has lost its mind. None of this makes any sense at all.

Latest posts