Maine Anjou?

Help Support CattleToday:

VCC":o99hoftb said:
The thing is his breeding is maternal on both the top and bottom side, I did see a few of his calves, they were all younger (clean-up) but looked similar to his full sib I pictured. The ranch manager said he would work for both steers and replacement heifers (they raise Angus, commercial, and club calves) bred to Angus type cows his heifers will make good club calf mamas. They sold a half interest in his full sib for $10,000 while we were there.(the blazed calf pictured)

That blaze calf in the picture brought 10K?

VCC - those are some impressive animals, kudos to the breeder. In general, are there any CE or BW issues with the Maine Anjou breed?

I'd love to own them, but 10k for half interest is a bit to rich for my blood.

First 10k is rich for me as well but if someone is willing to pay it, more power to them.
I have used the lower birth weight main "Cowens Ali" calf came small out of a Sim/Angus heifer, and they seem to disipoint for the first couple months and then they take off. As far as the breed I would venture to say they are like any other breed most calves are in the 80 to 90 pound range unless you use a CE bull. Majors Money Man was another bull that was a good purebred bull that was CE along with several of the Ali sons.

Alot of info here: http://www.maine-anjou.org/index.php

Ali heifer calf out of Sim/Ang
DSC_0395.jpg

Her Calf
222_640x428_.jpg

32212_1540.JPG

Her with 2013 calf after coming off dry pasture
Snapshot_2_5-9-2013_12-24_PM_458x344_.jpg

Here is a pic of the only maine cow I have left. Her, and the mates to her always weaned some pretty big calves. Not a lot of white on her

Latest posts