Maine Anjou - crosses

Help Support CattleToday:

lms0229

Reaction score
Can anyone share pictures of their half Maine Anjou cattle? I am talking about the red and white fullblood Maine Anjou cattle. Particularly interested in those that have been crossed with Chianina, Romagnola, Grey Brahman, Piedmontese... but any half blood cross I'm interested in seeing your photos. Thank you!

I don't have any pictures, but I worked a bunch of Maine cattle for a guy in the to hill country a couple years ago. He had some half blood Brahmans out of those cows that were some good looking suckers. Been wanting to try that cross for myself

Did he use grey Brahman on them? What color did they turn out? Did they have spots?

lms0229 said:
Did he use grey Brahman on them? What color did they turn out? Did they have spots?

Yes he used a grey. No, they came out tiger striped like a braford. Just stout as hell

Wow that is interesting. Did he back cross them at all? Like take the BrahmanXMaine and cross it back to a Maine? So it was a 3/4 Maine and a 1/4 Brahman.

lms0229 said:
Wow that is interesting. Did he back cross them at all? Like take the BrahmanXMaine and cross it back to a Maine? So it was a 3/4 Maine and a 1/4 Brahman.
I'm not sure, after I worked over 100 head of cows for him over two days, he never paid me. So didn't end up seeing how they really turned out.

Oh wow that is no bueno. But all were tigerstripe and none had spots out of that many crosses?

I didn't see any spots, but he had only done a small part of the herd with that cross. He bred for mostly club type calves

Latest posts