Mahindra tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

I have the Mahindra 4035. I will second the lift capacity on that tractor loader combination. For the size of the tractor, it will lift. I also own Kubotas industrial TLB, the L39. Those two tractors have the same lift capacity. Each will lift a cube of bricks on pallet forks. Pretty impressive for 40 hp tractors.

TexasBred":1y5u3gex said:
Hook":1y5u3gex said:
I have the 4010 I bought used and it's done everything I've asked if it. Seeding, lifting, digging, tilling leveling, cutting, dragging, pushing. I wish it was a bit heavier and the rear tires wider. I javemt got it stuck yet. The 4wd is pretty good

I guess 4WD was the one thing I wish I had on that one....I did put the hay spear on it and use it for a small bulldozer about as much as I used it for putting out hay. Worked pretty good for pushing down and piling dead oak trees and brush. As far as I know they guy I sold it to is still running it.

4wd definitely spoils a guy 8) Especially on a loader tractor. I wouldn't want a loader tractor without mfwd now.

Yet we got by just fine in the old days with 2wd and tire chains and no cab, we just didn't know any better back then :oops:

John SD":zus0zhc1 said:
TexasBred":zus0zhc1 said:
Hook":zus0zhc1 said:
I have the 4010 I bought used and it's done everything I've asked if it. Seeding, lifting, digging, tilling leveling, cutting, dragging, pushing. I wish it was a bit heavier and the rear tires wider. I javemt got it stuck yet. The 4wd is pretty good

I guess 4WD was the one thing I wish I had on that one....I did put the hay spear on it and use it for a small bulldozer about as much as I used it for putting out hay. Worked pretty good for pushing down and piling dead oak trees and brush. As far as I know they guy I sold it to is still running it.

4wd definitely spoils a guy 8) Especially on a loader tractor. I wouldn't want a loader tractor without mfwd now.

Yet we got by just fine in the old days with 2wd and tire chains and no cab, we just didn't know any better back then :oops:

You gotta cab?? Whatchu talking bout Willis ??? Down this way all we need is an umbrella and hope for a breeze.

TexasBred":z5c753z7 said:
John SD":z5c753z7 said:

You gotta cab?? Whatchu talking bout Willis ??? Down this way all we need is an umbrella and hope for a breeze.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have the Mahindra 5010, cab, MFWD, FEL - it had 102 hours on it and I got it for $22,000. A year later the tractor has about 350 hours. I love the little tractor and for the price, green nor orange could touch it. It's main use is pulling the hay rake, loading/ unloading rolls of hay and misc bush hogging, fertilize spreader, etc... My Zetor 10111 went down last summer and I finished rolling 40 rolls of hay pulling a Vermeer Rebel 5410 baler with the Mahindra. That Rebel was all she wanted, but I was impressed that the 5010 was up to the task and put out a nice roll of hay as well as getting me out of a pinch. The four wheel drive has worked very well in some wet conditions getting in and out of the hay pen with a roll on each end. For what I needed at the time, the Mahindra met all of those easily and has even done a lot more than I expected when the other tractor went down temporarily. Hope this will give you a bit of insight into your purchase. Consider the Mahindra, but more importantly consider the availability of a dealer.

Greenhaw

I've yet to hear a complaint about the Mahindra tractors. My wife let me know that in 5 years she would let me think about one. That's when the youngest gets out of college.

Green1340":13zgl4h3 said:
I have the Mahindra 5010, cab, MFWD, FEL - it had 102 hours on it and I got it for $22,000. A year later the tractor has about 350 hours. I love the little tractor and for the price, green nor orange could touch it. It's main use is pulling the hay rake, loading/ unloading rolls of hay and misc bush hogging, fertilize spreader, etc... My Zetor 10111 went down last summer and I finished rolling 40 rolls of hay pulling a Vermeer Rebel 5410 baler with the Mahindra. That Rebel was all she wanted, but I was impressed that the 5010 was up to the task and put out a nice roll of hay as well as getting me out of a pinch. The four wheel drive has worked very well in some wet conditions getting in and out of the hay pen with a roll on each end. For what I needed at the time, the Mahindra met all of those easily and has even done a lot more than I expected when the other tractor went down temporarily. Hope this will give you a bit of insight into your purchase. Consider the Mahindra, but more importantly consider the availability of a dealer.

Greenhaw

This same tractor was price to me this week new for $26750.

" This same tractor was price to me this week new for $26750."

Probably emissions cost increase. Mahindra has not gone via the DPF they using a DOC(Diesel Oxidization Catalyst).

I was just talking to a fellow on a different site, he has a Mahindra (looks like a 20-30hp) and he says it's been great..

There's always the definition of great.. and that depends a lot on how intensively it's used.. if it's just used to fill in the potholes on a driveway and gets 50 hours a year, it's a little different than one that sees 1000 hours a year

Sat in some at a machinery show just the other day. Didn't look too bad, somewhat bare bones - But I like tractors like that.

The fendts on the other hand were somewhat disappointing. The interior was really flimsy feeling. Just looked like really cheap plastic. And this was in an 800 vario - several hundred thousand dollar tractor. The mahindra was like 70 grand, and although totally different machines, just looking at that 1 aspect, the plastic was bad in the fendt.

Found a pic>

http://www.fendt.com/us/images/828Vario ... atz_en.jpg

That compartment in the far right felt like the lid would fall off after opening it half a dozen times. The colours on the dash and the right hand console, looked pale and switches flimsy. The seat was like a cloud though.

Latest posts