Mahindra tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
I keep seeing ads on tv about Mahindra tractors being the number one selling tractor in the world. There are several local dealers that are selling them now that also sells major name tractors. I don't know anyone who has one. So they must be good tractors if there the number one selling tractor right ??

If you want to sit out a few rolls of hay you bought, and clip a little pasture they are probably alright. Give one a tough job, and it'll fly apart like a $2 pocket watch.

Mahindra is no different than most tractor companies. Certain models they build and other models are built by somebody else.

John SD":2ptppc4g said:
Here I thought Belarus sold more tractors than anyone else in the world :roll:
They just have more sitting on old fence rows.

There are two Mahindra tractors in our community. The local dealer is a good one and stands behind his product. Makes all the difference in the world. Neither of the two tractors around here are not asked to work hard.
Mahindra has come out with some higher horse power tractors lately. It would behoove the company in my opinion to put some of them to work and see how they hold up. Kubota did that with haying and it has paid off well for them.

Tim/South":37aswn4n said:
John SD":37aswn4n said:
Here I thought Belarus sold more tractors than anyone else in the world :roll:
They just have more sitting on old fence rows.

There are two Mahindra tractors in our community. The local dealer is a good one and stands behind his product. Makes all the difference in the world. Neither of the two tractors around here are not asked to work hard.
Mahindra has come out with some higher horse power tractors lately. It would behoove the company in my opinion to put some of them to work and see how they hold up. Kubota did that with haying and it has paid off well for them.
I agree, instead they want to put the price up there with the others and expect people to buy a pig in a poke. From what I have seen I don't want one.

I would be afriad to buy one from what others has told me the price isn't really all that much lower than a name brand. I use to have a Long tractor a after I sold it I told myself that I would never buy a off brand tractor again. Although I had very good luck with that tractor but parts was hard to get.

The thing about the nearest dealer being across the state 250 miles away would throw cold water on my urge to purchase a Mahindra :eek:

Even worse with a Belarus. I don't think there is a SD dealer. I do see one dealer advertising from MN in the TSN paper.

I use to work for a guy that sold Mahindra tractors. They are just like every thing else, some models are good and some are prone to problems. We used them all the time. He had a really nice 6500 or 6000 series that was handy. We had a bigger 4wd with cab also that we used for hay and spraying.

We have a dealer in town. Quite a few people have them in the smaller hp range.

i know some1 that has 1 and they like it.but they are also tighter bark on a tree and thats why they bought it.they have used the tractor pretty good in the woods.it was down once and it cost him to get it fixed.

I have a late model Mahindra 45 hp 4 wd loader tractor. For the price I paid, I like it just fine. I would buy another. I also own Cat, Deere, Kubota and International tractors, so I a few different ones to compare it against.

Use to have a little 4500 (45hp I believe) with FIL. The hydraulics were awesome and it moved every round bale I ever put it into. A bit rough riding but never had a minute's trouble with it in 5-6 years that I owned it. For the money probably one of the best tractors you can buy. Can't remember but seems 65hp is about as big as they go.

pricefarm":1rrt5tfp said:
I would be afriad to buy one from what others has told me the price isn't really all that much lower than a name brand. I use to have a Long tractor a after I sold it I told myself that I would never buy a off brand tractor again. Although I had very good luck with that tractor but parts was hard to get.

I remember when Kubota was an off brand tractor.

I have the 4010 I bought used and it's done everything I've asked if it. Seeding, lifting, digging, tilling leveling, cutting, dragging, pushing. I wish it was a bit heavier and the rear tires wider. I javemt got it stuck yet. The 4wd is pretty good

Hook":2q5c2wna said:
I have the 4010 I bought used and it's done everything I've asked if it. Seeding, lifting, digging, tilling leveling, cutting, dragging, pushing. I wish it was a bit heavier and the rear tires wider. I javemt got it stuck yet. The 4wd is pretty good

I guess 4WD was the one thing I wish I had on that one....I did put the hay spear on it and use it for a small bulldozer about as much as I used it for putting out hay. Worked pretty good for pushing down and piling dead oak trees and brush. As far as I know they guy I sold it to is still running it.

They may very well be as reliable as some of the "economy" models the big 2 brands have out.

Bigfoot":2rp6pulv said:
They may very well be as reliable as some of the "economy" models the big 2 brands have out.
BF I had no problems but the few times I did need parts they were also readily available either at the dealer or via internet sales.

We have a dealer who used to sell Oliver, then White, and now Mahindra. They have been at it going on 3 years now. They are starting to get some tractors in the area and so far they have been able to put them up against Deere, Kubota, and Ferguson. The Mahindra have sold themselves in the side by side comparisons. The people who I spoke with said that they have a better tractor loader combination than the others and the tractor has more built weight and more lift capacity. I looked at the 8560 and it was a simple tractor which was a plus to me. I wouldn't let her bring one to the farm to try as I was afraid I might like it. This dealer has invested heavily into them and I would say they have over 20 tractors on the lot at all times and just built a new facility so we wouldn't be as worried about having a dealer locally.

Latest posts