Magnificent Wildlife

Help Support CattleToday:

Commercialfarmer":1k6rdnbw said:
IMG_4208_zps6cjhrxlp_edit_1475215280006_zpsrxt1dvt3_edit_1475215369636_zps9bwg1aff.jpg
[/URL]

West Texas. Not sure how many weiner dogs it took or what his adg was.

Not the best photo.

I can see the pattern and rattles so not difficult, based on size: Crotalus atrox.

I doubt the photo is authentic. It would be the new world record. Suspect the photo was exaggerated. Let's say the man is near 6 feet tall. By scale that snake would be 9 feet long!!!!

Look closely: the man on the truck is not holding the snake. The photo is shopped!

Specimens over 150 cm (5 ft) are infrequently encountered, while those over 180 cm (6 ft) are very rare. The maximum reported length considered to be reliable is 213 cm (7 ft).

If that was Florida, you might in a lifetime find one close to that big but then you are talking Eastern Diamond Back. Not western.

Margonme":pfm9u43z said:
Not the best photo.

I can see the pattern and rattles so not difficult, based on size: Crotalus atrox.

I doubt the photo is authentic. It would be the new world record. Suspect the photo was exaggerated. Let's say the man is near 6 feet tall. By scale that snake would be 9 feet long!!!!

Look closely: the man on the truck is not holding the snake. The photo is shopped!

Specimens over 150 cm (5 ft) are infrequently encountered, while those over 180 cm (6 ft) are very rare. The maximum reported length considered to be reliable is 213 cm (7 ft).

If that was Florida, you might in a lifetime find one close to that big but then you are talking Eastern Diamond Back. Not western.

:D Lady I work with sent that to me last month supposedly from her dad and his coworker. She's a bit of a jokester.

I had to blow it up (cell phone is hard to see the detail), but told her that the levitation of dead snakes by a one armed man was more impressive than the snake.

Commercialfarmer":3earszvx said:
Margonme":3earszvx said:
Not the best photo.

:D Lady I work with sent that to me last month supposedly from her dad and his coworker. She's a bit of a jokester.

I had to blow it up (cell phone is hard to see the detail), but told her that the levitation of dead snakes by a one armed man was more impressive than the snake.

:cboy: :D

Edited to add: I did not use the dull/shiny criteria to see it was a rattlesnake. Lol

Latest posts