MADE IN THE USA

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
I ask all of us in the USA to vote with our pocketbooks and boycott the influx of Chinese products that are putting us out of business one company at a time. It's not like the cheap Chinese products that you buy at Wal-mart are anywhere near as good as American made items, at least for the most part.

When I go to buy, if it is available American-made, I try to buy it even if I have to spend more. If not U.S. made, I go in order of whether it is a U.S. territory, or how friendly the country is to us. The list would be like this: U.S.A. and territories, Canada, other English territories,Taiwan, Mexico, etc. with China and other communist countries being toward the bottom.

I've always liked Wrangler jeans. Now, the only ones that are US made are the ProRodeo style. So, I've partially switched to Faded Glory jeans, because they are US made. I think we should start writing and calling these companies and let them know what we think.

Where are Wranglers made???????
Got to hockey late, and I was wearing jeans (Wranglers :roll: :roll: :D ) And I played 1 1/2 . They still fit, and theres no rips! Took me forever to get moving this morning. Pretty sure I got sumthin' pulled.

greenwillowherefords":3bmz7ylm said:
I've always liked Wrangler jeans. Now, the only ones that are US made are the ProRodeo style. So, I've partially switched to Faded Glory jeans, because they are US made. I think we should start writing and calling these companies and let them know what we think.

Would these be the Faded Glory jeans that you buy at Wal Mart? If so, you might want to check the label.

Assembled Country of Orgin: Imported
Components Country of Orgin: USA and/or Imported

Wrangler:

Assembled Country of Origin: Imported
Components Country of Orgin: USA

On another note, my wife just walked through and saw you post and said that she sure hopes that George Strait doesn't follow you advice and stop wearing those Wrangler jeans. She said that that would be a major tragedy.

rgv4":1tn34ezo said:
greenwillowherefords":1tn34ezo said:

Would these be the Faded Glory jeans that you buy at Wal Mart? If so, you might want to check the label.

Assembled Country of Orgin: Imported
Components Country of Orgin: USA and/or Imported

Wrangler:

Assembled Country of Origin: Imported
Components Country of Orgin: USA

On another note, my wife just walked through and saw you post and said that she sure hopes that George Strait doesn't follow you advice and stop wearing those Wrangler jeans. She said that that would be a major tragedy.

The Faded Glory jeans that I own specifically say: Made in U.S.A. They came from Wal-mart. The Wrangler jeans (Non-ProRodeo) that I own say that they are made from U.S. fabric in places like Costa Rica, etc. I'm sure that George Strait wears the old time ProRodeo jeans, which are the best and toughest jeans built. They are still U.S. made, and I think we need to let Wrangler know that we want it to stay that way. ALL Levis are now imported. I never liked them anyway.

I too try to look and see where something is made and try to buy USA made. Never thought about making the decision on others by how friendly the country is to the US, good idea. People don't realize that one day there will be no manufacturing jobs here if this continues. The only jobs left would be service and sales. And we will be at others mercy. I don't want to pay double for something of the same quality either but I do try to support US if at all possible. Been a lot better at looking for the information lately.

That's the reason I wear Keys brand insulated coats and overalls. Made in Buffallo, MO. Carhardt the last I saw was made in china.

dun

There's one item I had to draw the line on. No matter where they were made, I can't stand but one or two brands of underwear, and the others are hideously uncomfortable.

I am exceptionally leary of foods coming from other countries, yet I sure like Mentos candy.

I'm with you greenWillow Herefords. We send way too much of our money to China. Buy US stuff even if it costs more. Please.

That just goes to show you how badly we need the federal government to make us do Mandatory Country of Origin Labeling on beef, so that the American consumer can decide what they want. Right?

Wrong! That stuff we're talking about is already labeled as to country of origin, isn't it? That's how we know where it's made, right? But the American consumer is buying it anyway, aren't they? In spite of the labeling. Because it's cheaper. And all of those American producers of those products? What's happened to them? They're going overseas or going out of business because they can't compete on price!

Why don't some of you M-COOL proponents think about that? Why don't you guys look at what consumers actually do with their money instead of what they say in the worthless polls about buying U.S. beef first if it's clearly labeled? Doesn't matter if we're talking about cattle or consumers. Past performance is one of the most reliable indicators we have of future performance. My money says that if the quality is tolerable, the American consumer will go with the cheapest product in spite of country of origin.

I agree Texan. It's a matter of economics. Most Americans would rather buy American but not all can afford to.The manufacturers know PRICE is what inspires sales of items.Cheaper labor means cheaper prices. I hate to say this but our country has done this to them selves.

For the "buy American" folks, pop the covers off of your computer and see where the boards and chips are made. May be a rude awakening.

dun

I think that if you look at the success of Wal-Mart, you will see that its really become a Wal-Mart world. Wal-Mart actually works with their suppliers to try and reduce costs of production. This adds to products being cheaply made. Although, I think most people would like to say that they support industry in their own country, price is usually the big factor in deciding what to buy.

I am with you on this one greenwillow. I get so sick of seeing this cheap shinese crap. I was out buying toys for my nieces and nephews for Christmas. The only toy I could find made in the US or Canada was playdough. The kids got playdough. The thing that really burnt me the most was that all of the toys that John Deere had were made in China now.

JB

J Baxter":162soeg7 said:
I am with you on this one greenwillow. I get so sick of seeing this cheap shinese be nice. I was out buying toys for my nieces and nephews for Christmas. The only toy I could find made in the US or Canada was playdough. The kids got playdough. The thing that really burnt me the most was that all of the toys that John Deere had were made in China now.

JB

Most of the big kid toys from JD are made in either China or India too.

dun

I know and it disgust me. You have to get up to the 110 hp class to get into the American made tractors, but as far as I know there are no American made small tractors any more. My 55hp is made in Japan. I thought about trying one of the new McCormicks. The are made in Britain and have perkins diesels.

JB

I know this is an old string of posts, but I found it today and it certainly is just as relevant as ever. No question price wins when most people are looking for products, but that doesn't mean we should ignore all the other factors that go into manufacturing. This post was started focusing on Made in the USA, and I think/hope most people will buy American if the price and quality are comparable. Also, there are websites started to help consumers find companies that have their manufacturing here, or a large portion of it. One is http://www.myamericangoods.com.

Globalization is here to stay, but we can make good buying decisions to keep manufacturing here.

Latest posts