Mad Cow Disease

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Well...looks like it has hit in Washington State. Guess the media will have a field day to increase panic and paranoia among "non-knowledgable" beef eaters. At least this panic should increase the market for USA GROWN BEEF!

Good thing that US Govt has outlawed feeds with the cattle parts since 1997 and has banned importations of beef from known foreign sources of beef.

On the flip side, I suppose those 1 in a million humanoid carnivores who feast on cattle brains, spinal cords, spleens, and lower intestines will just have to be a little more careful.... Personally, if that was all the beef I could find to eat; well, I'd just stick to red beans and taters!

I would hope the various cattle associations and others would submit some more realistic (compared to the media hype) information to the press on the subject that we can all pretty much feel safe to eat USA beef. Somehow being served a Holstein steak is not the most appetizing thing in the first place (but, who knows what they put in weiners and balogna, etc.).

[email protected]

> Well...looks like it has hit in
> Washington State. Guess the media
> will have a field day to increase
> panic and paranoia among
> "non-knowledgable" beef
> eaters. At least this panic should
> increase the market for USA GROWN
> BEEF!

> Good thing that US Govt has
> outlawed feeds with the cattle
> parts since 1997 and has banned
> importations of beef from known
> foreign sources of beef.

> On the flip side, I suppose those
> 1 in a million humanoid carnivores
> who feast on cattle brains, spinal
> cords, spleens, and lower
> intestines will just have to be a
> little more careful....
> Personally, if that was all the
> beef I could find to eat; well,
> I'd just stick to red beans and
> taters!

> I would hope the various cattle
> associations and others would
> submit some more realistic
> (compared to the media hype)
> information to the press on the
> subject that we can all pretty
> much feel safe to eat USA beef.
> Somehow being served a Holstein
> steak is not the most appetizing
> thing in the first place (but, who
> knows what they put in weiners and
> balogna, etc.).

I will say that the National Cattleman's Beef Association (NCBA) is doing a great job of issuing correct information to the media. They are also working with the USDA to encourage our import countries to contenuie to import US Beef.

When produceers ask how membership in the NCBA, R-Calf, or Independant Cattleman will benefit them, just remind them of the efford put forward by these organizations and others to prodect our industry. If your are serious about the beef industry, join the industry orginzarion of your choice and support the beef industry and protect your investment.

[email protected]

Latest posts