Lutalyse

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattle Rack Rancher

Reaction score
Was reading the label on the Lutalyse bottle the other day and it says pregnant women and people with asthma should avoid this product. I know why pregnant women shouldn't use it but why asthmatics? What does it do to them. There's only me and my wife to do this job and I don't think she'll want to operate the syringe.

I don't know about the asmatic thing but the vet told me that all women of childbearing age should stay away, not just pregnant women.

Cattle Rack Rancher":10wl9ai5 said:
I don't know about the asmatic thing but the vet told me that all women of childbearing age should stay away, not just pregnant women.

I wonder how the lady vets deal with it then.

They don;t inject themselves!

dun

Lutalyse is not as bad as some. Can't remeber the names but my wife said there is one her boss uses on horses that is even worse. She said it could make humans go sterile.

Scotty

They don;t inject themselves!

I have no intention of injecting myself either. I've heard skin contact even can be a problem. So back to my original question. Anyone know what it does to asthmatics? Its been a bit of an issue for me ever since I developed this problem with my immune sysytem.

Straight from Pfizers website for Lutalyse:

"Dinoprost tromethamine
stimulates smooth-muscle contraction.
Inhalation of small quantities can induce dose-related
respiratory effects including bronchoconstriction,
wheezing, coughing, irritation, rapid breathing and
anaphylaxis in some individuals. Asthmatic individuals
may be more susceptible."

http://www.lutalyse.com/pahimages/msds_us/Lutalyse.pdf

dun

Scotty":n7xddqrj said:
Lutalyse is not as bad as some. Can't remeber the names but my wife said there is one her boss uses on horses that is even worse. She said it could make humans go sterile.
Scotty

Regumate is what you are thinking about. Regumate is worse in women then men. But all Reproductive drugs should be handled with care by all. I avoid use of them whenever possible.

Any oral drugs you should wear glove and with the injectables you should make sure that there is very little chance of getting poked.

Wren

with the injectables you should make sure that there is very little chance of getting poked.

I actually laughed out loud when I read the above quote.

I managed to stick a couple of cc's of selenium into my jaw last year - the local nurse, the local vet, wife and every neighbour within 20 miles heard about it. Afer it was realized there was no danger I took a ribbing for weeks.

In this house I do not let the women even handle the bottle of Estrumate - don't need any of the girls getting female complications.

But .... Even worse .. Some of those drugs can kill you - gotta' be careful.

Bez

Laughs are always good. I haven't have the luxury of sticking myself with something yet but I have covered myself with other various stuff. My pour-on Ivomec seems to really like me. I can't seem to handle it without getting drenched in it. :D :lol:

Medic, as a matter of fact there are a few, and are available over the counter, Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, and Southern Comfort.... :D

Wren":3pdn2cgh said:
My pour-on Ivomec seems to really like me. I can't seem to handle it without getting drenched in it. :D :lol:

LOL! I know I certainly won't have any worms for the next few months too! :lol:

Straight from Pfizers website for Lutalyse:

"Dinoprost tromethamine
stimulates smooth-muscle contraction.
Inhalation of small quantities can induce dose-related
respiratory effects including bronchoconstriction,
wheezing, coughing, irritation, rapid breathing and
anaphylaxis in some individuals. Asthmatic individuals
may be more susceptible."

http://www.lutalyse.com/pahimages/msds_us/Lutalyse.pdf

dun

Thanks, dun. I actually printed out the whole thing. I'll read it over tonight and see maybe if I can't pay the neighbor boy to come do it for me.

Bez - I would like to know who you stuck yourself in the jaw? :lol: I stuck myself in the hand once but the jaw? :lol: :lol: :lol:

~

Medic24":1c04h9wo said:
Wonder if there is a drug on the market that would make the wife a little bit more amiable to breeding? :lol: :cboy:

FSH works really well.

Had some splash on a few friends of mine and they were "unmanagable" for 3 days.

Sidney411

One thing about telling stories about yourself - you have to be prepared to take the heat. :lol:

She was a 450 +/- heifer that took exception to my attention!

8)

Bez

Latest posts