Lost

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Just when I've gotten used to having an i phone, learning all of my favorite apps, I go and lose the things yesterday evening.

AT&T tells me it'll cost $299 for a new one. Bummer. Just when I was actually coming into the "now" age - playing games with my kids, texting them, checking the weather at the tap of a finger - I've now confiscated my daughter's until I can sort this out. She cries foul. She said it's not fair that dad takes her phone. I say I pay for it every month so it's mine by default.

I can't win either way. I'm ready for my vacation in May at the Florida keys!

I buy my phones off Craigslist. For example here is a current listing iphone 3g 8gb - $140 (Charlotte) pic You would be surprised how many teens do not like their new provided phone and talk the parents into buyer another new one.

agmantoo":2gfmfsle said:
I buy my phones off Craigslist. For example here is a current listing iphone 3g 8gb - $140 (Charlotte) pic You would be surprised how many teens do not like their new provided phone and talk the parents into buyer another new one.

My wife brought Craigslist up - I may have to go that route. Our next "contract extension", later this month, was supposed to be my wife's time to get an i phone. About right, both daughters were first with i phones then then parents - that pay the bills.

How do we do these things....

Starting to get warm you know...finally decided it was time to look for the freon leak on the tractor AC....Head into town to get a can of freon dye, get home and on the way to the shop try to read the directions ( :shock: ) on the can (never can tell when you may learn something) anyway print is to small to read and walk at the same time. So get to the shop I take time to read (nope nothing I don't already know) Hook everything up, repulled vaccum...put the can of dye in, charged system and let it run a while....start looking for leaks and see nothing...so last place to look is up the window style...So I've got a couple screws that are being a little difficult...I'm in the cab and take my glasses off for the last time I've seen them today....$450 bucks gone there...then on top of that...the corner of the filter door in the roof of the cab breaks off...That's $180 and a 50 mile trip....Still no sign of a freon leak...but the system won't hold a vaccume or a charge. $630 day so far and nothing accomplished.

your welcome....seems I'm picking back up where I left off the last time...I stopped trying to accomplish anything 4 months ago because it cost to much...hasn't changed a bit.

Cypress for $5/month your insurance would have covered your phone. Five bucks is not a bad price when you consider the thing cannot sink to the bottom of a cattle trough without breaking and the screens aren't built sturdy enough to support the weight of a tractor. Yep, $5 is cheap. While I'm giving unsolicited advice, I'd also suggest if you find yourself around Key West and you drop your phone I suggest you keep on walking and don't bend over.

Jogeephus":1hyw6gq4 said:
Cypress for $5/month your insurance would have covered your phone. Five bucks is not a bad price when you consider the thing cannot sink to the bottom of a cattle trough without breaking and the screens aren't built sturdy enough to support the weight of a tractor. Yep, $5 is cheap. While I'm giving unsolicited advice, I'd also suggest if you find yourself around Key West and you drop your phone I suggest you keep on walking and don't bend over.

Get the right insurance. I paid for a long time only to find out the phone cost more thru the insurance company than what I could buy it on-line for. Seems like it was about $50 less thru them versus ATT.

backhoeboogie":nwcsgr3m said:
Jogeephus":nwcsgr3m said:

Get the right insurance. I paid for a long time only to find out the phone cost more thru the insurance company than what I could buy it on-line for. Seems like it was about $50 less thru them versus ATT.
Mine is insured through F B on the main policy. Lot cheeper than AT&T

Jogeephus":201txtvp said:

Good advice Jo. We stopped there on a cruise a few years ago. Had some fun at the Hog's Breath saloon but made sure I kept my back to the wall the whole time. :shock:

Our last several cell phone's have been from e-bay. So far, very few problems, just make sure to check the sellers feedback.

Key West is for the tourists. If you want the true Keys experience, hit the middle keys...big pine, summerland, etc..that's where I've lost at least 2 phones, most at the tiki bar!

that ph ins is good unless you have a habit of loosing your phs every so often.an then they want to give you probs about replacing your ph.i know about this because my neice an nephews are pretty rough on phs sometimes.

cypressfarms":3c5e9u4v said:
1982vett":3c5e9u4v said:
How do we do these things....

$630 day so far and nothing accomplished.

I'm starting to feel fortunate Vette!!!

Well, despite not getting any rain last night when the pattern was so favorable...I did find the glasses this morning while putting the tractor back together.....still havn't found the leak so i guess it's a ride to the dealer...
Wish the trade off of not having to buy new glasses would pay for that trip, but at least I won't have to do both.

Latest posts