Lost a good one today

Help Support CattleToday:

Coosh71

Reaction score
At about 4:00 today our longtime Vet here passed. He was battling cancer for the past 10 years. One of his sons has been in college and going to Vet school. He graduated October of last year. He held on long enough to see him graduate and take over the business. He was one of those people that I always say this world is in shortage of these days... Just plain old good people. He served in Vietnam the same time my dad did. They were good friends. I remember when I enlisted, he said Steve, don't be a DA and volunteer for anything lol. He was one of those guys that would meet a crying teenage girl down at the office at 10pm on a Sunday night because her dog was about to die. He would grab her a Coke, sit her at his desk and go back and do his job. Free of charge by the way. Just a great all around man. I'm gonna miss him for his millions of stories, and just because... Because he was a good guy. RIP Pat.

Thanks all. I appreciate it. He's better off now vs hospice etc, but it still stinks. I always try to help old timers out and never take a dime for it. My wife at times doesn't get it... I just say honey, when I'm old and can't go like I do now, I just hope there's another me close by! Makes sense to me anyway, and that's how Pat was. Just a good guy.