Lost one today...missing one...

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Heard a calf let out bawling and cows went running. Found the calf laying there gasping and eyes sunk in dead within 15 minutes. Took it to the lab and just got a call saying the intestine was twisted 360 degrees. Oh well first time for everything and at least it is not something that will spread to more calves.

Now if the 3 day old calf that ran off when it got spooked will come back to momma I will feel a little better. Today has been one of those days. :frowns:

Watch mommys bag, she probly got it hid and she feeding it....My mommy when their bag get full , Know where their calves are...

Sorry to hear that Tom. It's always tough losing one, but it's a helpless feeling with something that happens that quick. I bet the 3 day old calf will show up soon ready to eat. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

tom4018":32iyouqm said:
Heard a calf let out bawling and cows went running. Found the calf laying there gasping and eyes sunk in dead within 15 minutes. Took it to the lab and just got a call saying the intestine was twisted 360 degrees. Oh well first time for everything and at least it is not something that will spread to more calves.

Now if the 3 day old calf that ran off when it got spooked will come back to momma I will feel a little better. Today has been one of those days. :frowns:
last yr i lost a 400 lb heifer the same way.we also had the vet post her and twisted intestine.he said it was only the 2nd one he had seen n 40 yrs of business.lucky me.

Lost one once with twisted gut at five days old. As always, vet said it was first time he'd seen one that young with twisted gut.

TennesseeTuxedo":2eijqrvw said:
I wish Tom would update us.
The one that ran off was back with the cow yesterday morning. Is that what you are talking about?

Latest posts