Lost Medicare Card

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
My parents called me late last night and told me that Mom has misplaced her Medicare card and I was wondering if anyone on here knows who to call to get a replacement? I have never encountered this, strangely, in all the years I worked with the elderly and disabled.

Man, when your folks get older, it sure is hard to care for them. Especially now that they aren't remembering things. Taking care of other folk's parents wasn't this heart breaking... :frowns:

Lammie
You can go to your local Social Security Office or you can call your state's medicaid office - yes medicaid, even though you need a medicare card. Either of these will be able to assist your mom. You can also check the social security web page but I would think that it may be easier to do in person.

Lammie":339tblc2 said:
My parents called me late last night and told me that Mom has misplaced her Medicare card and I was wondering if anyone on here knows who to call to get a replacement? I have never encountered this, strangely, in all the years I worked with the elderly and disabled.

Man, when your folks get older, it sure is hard to care for them. Especially now that they aren't remembering things. Taking care of other folk's parents wasn't this heard breaking... :frowns:

Go online and you can take care of it all, they might send you some paper work to fill out.
Once you establish a password you can get about everything done online.
Heck if it wasn't for the Mrs. I wouldn't know where to look for the cards for this or that.
Everything has to have a number today. Thank God I live in a small town when I walk in the pharmacist or who ever knows my name and if I forgot this or that will put it on by account or tell me to bring whatever next time.
You are blessed that you still have them to take care of, mine have been gone a long time now and I still miss them every day. I would give every cow on this place to go hunting with Dad one more time or hear Mom holler ya'll get cleaned up for supper.

Caustic Burno":35ht5t07 said:
Lammie":35ht5t07 said:

Man, when your folks get older, it sure is hard to care for them. Especially now that they aren't remembering things. Taking care of other folk's parents wasn't this heard breaking... :frowns:

Go online and you can take care of it all, they might send you some paper work to fill out.
Once you establish a password you can get about everything done online.
Heck if it wasn't for the Mrs. I wouldn't know where to look for the cards for this or that.
Everything has to have a number today. Thank God I live in a small town when I walk in the pharmacist or who ever knows my name and if I forgot this or that will put it on by account or tell me to bring whatever next time.
You are blessed that you still have them to take care of, mine have been gone a long time now and I still miss them every day. I would give every cow on this place to go hunting with Dad one more time or hear Mom holler ya'll get cleaned up for supper.

Beneath that rough exterior I think there is a softie inside. I feel exactly the same way sometimes, my folks have been gone many a year too.

Gail

Latest posts