• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

lost chain

Help Support CattleToday:

Ray

Reaction score
Anybody have a way to find a 10 foot long 1/2 log chain in a grass pasture. It fell off the tractor. I've tried following all the tracks that were made that day but we were hauling rocks and cutting the trees for a new fence.

dd

Reaction score
Run your most expensive mower through the pasture. Not using your best mower will not locate the chain. Seriously though I dont have a good answer, I'm still looking for a chain thats been missing for 2 years.

MULDOON

Reaction score
Where the Stars & Stripes ,, And the Eagle fli
certherfbeef":22giq6zy said:
metal detector???

Metal detector would be nice if you all ready have one, It's not worth going and buying one, I have one , but I don't know where you are.

I would try running a rake , Borrowing one if you don't have it.

The best way to find it is go buy another one , as soon as you get the new one , the old one will show up( Some kind of Murphy's law) :lol: :lol:
Never fails for me,
any way good luck

txshowmom

Reaction score
You could also use one of those rolling magnets like they use on construction sites to pick up nails.

OP
R

Ray

Reaction score
I borrowed the neighbors blood hound. I showed him a smaller chain. It was great he took off like he knew what he was doing. He ended up lifting his leg on the others neghbors chain link fence

Campground Cattle

Reaction score
Bushhog would find it. Bushhog and you would probably require surgery, at least a clean pair of wranglers.

OP
R

Ray

Reaction score
I dragged the field with an old cultivater. I then used a metal detector. I was about to ask what parts I would need to replace on my Bush hog when my son told me he had picked it up the day after I lost it and put it in the back of his truck. Was I mad. Yes, my son was reminded that I am one of the few people that can swaer in complete sentances.

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Ray":ty9iujpt said:
Was I mad. Yes, my son was reminded that I am one of the few people that can swaer in complete sentances.

I think several of us can do that :D :D

Latest posts