lost chain

Help Support CattleToday:

Ray

Reaction score
Anybody have a way to find a 10 foot long 1/2 log chain in a grass pasture. It fell off the tractor. I've tried following all the tracks that were made that day but we were hauling rocks and cutting the trees for a new fence.

Run your most expensive mower through the pasture. Not using your best mower will not locate the chain. Seriously though I dont have a good answer, I'm still looking for a chain thats been missing for 2 years.

certherfbeef":22giq6zy said:
metal detector???

Metal detector would be nice if you all ready have one, It's not worth going and buying one, I have one , but I don't know where you are.

I would try running a rake , Borrowing one if you don't have it.

The best way to find it is go buy another one , as soon as you get the new one , the old one will show up( Some kind of Murphy's law) :lol: :lol:
Never fails for me,
any way good luck

You could also use one of those rolling magnets like they use on construction sites to pick up nails.

I borrowed the neighbors blood hound. I showed him a smaller chain. It was great he took off like he knew what he was doing. He ended up lifting his leg on the others neghbors chain link fence

I dragged the field with an old cultivater. I then used a metal detector. I was about to ask what parts I would need to replace on my Bush hog when my son told me he had picked it up the day after I lost it and put it in the back of his truck. Was I mad. Yes, my son was reminded that I am one of the few people that can swaer in complete sentances.

Ray":ty9iujpt said:
Was I mad. Yes, my son was reminded that I am one of the few people that can swaer in complete sentances.

I think several of us can do that :D :D

Latest posts