LOST CALF STRAIGHT FROM THE SALE BARN

Help Support CattleToday:

I overhead 2 people talking , one said he bought a baby calf for $80 from a friend who found a calf laying in a neighbors pasture whose mother was no where in sight . He thought the mother had abandoned the calf. Took all I had to keep my mouth shut, but not knowing these people and where they were from I just kept quiet. They did not know one was a thief and the other had bought a stolen calf.

:)
A couple of years ago, one of the folks down the road came by on a 4 wheeler and asked if I had seen a black calf.
"No, have one get out your fence?"

"No, we stopped up at the mailboxes and checked our mail on the way from the sale, and they were all in the trailer, but when we got home (another 3/4 mile down a gravel road) the back gate had come open and we had lost a calf".

It showed up bawlin it's head off a few days later in the national forest next to my place.

greybeard":os47z4h7 said:
:)
A couple of years ago, one of the folks down the road came by on a 4 wheeler and asked if I had seen a black calf.
"No, have one get out your fence?"

"No, we stopped up at the mailboxes and checked our mail on the way from the sale, and they were all in the trailer, but when we got home (another 3/4 mile down a gravel road) the back gate had come open and we had lost a calf".

It showed up bawlin it's head off a few days later in the national forest next to my place.

They are lucky they didn't lose more

Latest posts