Looking for a bull calf

Help Support CattleToday:

teribean7481

Reaction score
I am looking for a black Galloway bull calf in Florida - no need for registration. If anyone knows where I can start looking I would appreciate it.

teribean7481":1ofublw2 said:
I am looking for a black Galloway bull calf in Florida - no need for registration. If anyone knows where I can start looking I would appreciate it.

How about a reasonable explanation of WHY you would want to go out of your way to import an admittedly cold climate specific bull to FLORIDA.

My first inclination would be to say something real sarcastic AGAIN (since my last post on this thread was deleted by the mods)

However instead I am willing to be convinced as to why this is a good idea. Like I said before it makes as much sense as hauling Brahma's to Alaska.

So what do ya say ? Convince me and all the other skeptics.

Well 3waycross I don't remember asking for your permission to bring any bull that I choose from any place that I so choose, there for I don't believe that I need to convince you of anything. I don't intend on import any bull I plan on finding one right here in the sunshine state. I am not sure how long you were a Florida resident, however, our climate is not that much more extreme than that of Alabama which as you have pointed out has breeders listed on the AGBA website. There are cattlemen in Ocala, Florida that are breeding Belted Galloways and they are doing just fine. I just prefer black over the belted, or maybe Florda is to hot for all black bulls. Maybe we should only buy white bulls, oh no wait they'll sunburn. As with anything in life there are pros and cons, of which I have considered and I have made a decision that I am comfortable with. Therefore, I feel that there is no more need for your opinion or your sarcasim.

Forgot to mention in the Breeds Board, good job standing up for yourself. People around here are pretty critical but most, not all, back down if you stand up for yourself...Good luck finding a bull calf, and I am still working on some more options for you in terms of breeders...

gallowaygirl":3u8fyhce said:
Forgot to mention in the Breeds Board, good job standing up for yourself. People around here are pretty critical but most, not all, back down if you stand up for yourself...Good luck finding a bull calf, and I am still working on some more options for you in terms of breeders...

Since I got no rational explanation from the "terminal bean" G-Girl maybe you can tell me why it's such a good idea to; as someone else said, engage in that kind of TORTURE.

The fact that something can be done does not make it right. Had I not just finished watching the Temple Grandin story again. This thread might not have bothered me so much. But the one thing I came away from that story with was the statement that "nature is cruel, that doesn't mean we need to be."

There a whole bunch of really responsible cattle men and women on here who would never even consider intentionally inflicting pain or suffering on their livestock and I would be willing to bet that you are one of them. So instead of helping Mr Terminal Bean find some Galloways(AKA black longhaired cattle) to torture try seeing my point here.

BTW his rational as near as I can tell is; I want em cuz, I just want em. That makes a great case for inflicting that kind of misery and suffering on a bunch of cattle. The fact that they MAY survive there does not make it right or responsible.

teribean7481":3o99mjng said:
Well 3waycross I don't remember asking for your permission to bring any bull that I choose from any place that I so choose, there for I don't believe that I need to convince you of anything. I don't intend on import any bull I plan on finding one right here in the sunshine state. I am not sure how long you were a Florida resident, however, our climate is not that much more extreme than that of Alabama which as you have pointed out has breeders listed on the AGBA website. There are cattlemen in Ocala, Florida that are breeding Belted Galloways and they are doing just fine. I just prefer black over the belted, or maybe Florda is to hot for all black bulls. Maybe we should only buy white bulls, oh no wait they'll sunburn. As with anything in life there are pros and cons, of which I have considered and I have made a decision that I am comfortable with. Therefore, I feel that there is no more need for your opinion or your sarcasim.

Hey who knows, when you finish this little experiment in cattle torture you might get a great deal on a place in Northern Alberta where you can raise Ankole Watusi, or maybe even some GYR they could use that extra layer of muscle to shake off the icesicles that form on their insect resistant hide. After a few generations they might just look like Musk Ox if you select for hair.

Tell you what I'll do. If you will promise to wear a black wool coat, over thermal underwear, and no hat, only on the days when it is over 100 degrees and stand out there in the sun with your BLACK Galloways I will get off the soapbox and leave you to your grand experiment. How's that for a deal.

For the record I never said you need my permission. Maybe a little common sense but not permission.
Buena suerte Amigo , Buena Suerte.

3waycross":7b32divc said:
Hey who knows, when you finish this little experiment in cattle torture you might get a great deal on a place in Northern Alberta where you can raise Ankole Watusi

Hey Look what i found for sale on crailgs list in Wisconsin.

3n33ob3l95O35T15Rfa1j7e953e3512de1cdb.jpg

3n03m23o65O25P85R8a1jbd86d85ed6d5107c.jpg

Heres a link to the ad.
http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/1559834456.html

Just found it interesting that they would be this far north.

Beckett there was a fella about 90 south of me that had them for years. I remember going by there when it was under 10 degrees many times and seeing them hunkered.

They may be there but that don't make it right.

Latest posts