Longhorn/Piedmontese calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Here's a few pictures of that heifer calf I took this evening ( not 2007 ). She was born May 1st so she's right at 8 months old. Just an estimate but she has got to be at least 500 lbs. Just grass and hay for her and mom. I think Momma did a good job raising her, unfortunately she hasn't gotten over her motherly instincts and I cant get within 50 ft of her in open pasture without getting chased off at high speed. I can't keep a cow that is that aggressive and she is on the way out.
whitecalf004_zps3053ce68.jpg

whitecalf017_zpsfbca2878.jpg

whitecalf011_zps09670032.jpg

whitecalf002_zpsfead8c07.jpg

Agreed.
Most of the time the GRF mommas are more worried about my brothers Rottie/Lab than us. (He just loves to snatch away some afterbirth!! Foolish/crazy mutt!)

At least she gave you a nice calf before leaving.

Where would this aggressive cow be headed? I was wondering if the horns alone would be worth something.

djinwa":10a2fjkg said:
Where would this aggressive cow be headed? I was wondering if the horns alone would be worth something.
Her head is already spoken for, she has a beautiful set of horns (but quite intimidating when she's chasing me). I was set for a farm kill but the guy backed out on me. I want to do something soon.

Latest posts