longe horns

Help Support CattleToday:

That is wide open....

How much is a decent pickup?

I think you can get generally a decent registered longhorn cow for as low as $1200.00 - $1500.00. Not a good cow..or a great cow but....a decent cow.

If by "auction" you mean sale barn, you can get one way cheap but "decent" would not necessarily apply.

Just my opinion.

:cboy: :cboy: :cboy: :cboy: :cboy:

A decent "Longhorn" at a Longhorn Auction will cost upwards of $1,250. A "great" longhorn will cost many thousands (good genetics,phenotype, attitude, horn length, body, etc.)

A "Sale Barn Longhorn" (aka a Cull, attitude problem, etc.) will be sold between $300 and $600 on the average.

You get what you pay for with ANY breed!

i just bought three 5 year old 3 in 1 longhorns, good horns, nice calves good condition for $450. Easy to handle, will follow a feed bucket anywhere.

My daughter just sold a 3 in one (bred cow with calf) for $500. at the sale barn. She is sort of in Running Bill's area (Hedley).

Running Arrow Bill":5wiyov6a said:
A decent "Longhorn" at a Longhorn Auction will cost upwards of $1,250. A "great" longhorn will cost many thousands (good genetics,phenotype, attitude, horn length, body, etc.)

A "Sale Barn Longhorn" (aka a Cull, attitude problem, etc.) will be sold between $300 and $600 on the average.

You get what you pay for with ANY breed!
Most of the time---Proof is in the Pedigree ! :tiphat: