Loader mounted spray tank

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
I am thinking of a way to spray and run a no till drill at the same time. Both tractors have loaders. If I put a boom on my no till drill and then build a platform to attach to my tractor loader, do y'all think a 200-300 gallon tank of water bouncing around put too much stress on my loader?

JMJ Farms":1kgxtrxn said:
I am thinking of a way to spray and run a no till drill at the same time. Both tractors have loaders. If I put a boom on my no till drill and then build a platform to attach to my tractor loader, do y'all think a 200-300 gallon tank of water bouncing around put too much stress on my loader?

On my place I would be more worried about the safety of the weight once you get over 1500 pounds or so on the FEL.
I have some pretty steep grades of 10 to 12 degrees.

Caustic Burno":3nk3x190 said:
JMJ Farms":3nk3x190 said:

On my place I would be more worried about the safety of the weight once you get over 1500 pounds or so on the FEL.

200 gallons would probably be plenty. That would put me at about 1600 lbs of water plus the tank/frame etc. so maybe a ton at the most. Guess I could take the loader off and slide a tank and mount on the normal way.

Not on a loader but i have 200 gallon tank mounted on front of tractor with a bracket we built over and around weight bracket. It's on there for a mounted tobacco setter. Not something you want to take on and off very often though. You sure do know it's up there. Guess depends on how big your tractor is too

JMJ Farms":1gwxkfw7 said:
Caustic Burno":1gwxkfw7 said:
JMJ Farms":1gwxkfw7 said:

200 gallons would probably be plenty. That would put me at about 1600 lbs of water plus the tank/frame etc. so maybe a ton at the most. Guess I could take the loader off and slide a tank and mount on the normal way.

The part that bothers me more is this is fluid weight constantly moving on grade.

Caustic Burno":1y765ejz said:
JMJ Farms":1y765ejz said:
Caustic Burno":1y765ejz said:

The part that bothers me more is this is fluid weight constantly moving on grade.

Fairly flat around here. But I'd probably be better off to just take the loader off and have a tank mount fabricated and mount it like it's supposed to be.

Latest posts