Liquid Organic Fertilizer

Help Support CattleToday:

sewall

Reaction score
What do you guys know or think about a 15-5-5 liquid organic fertilizer that cost $20/acre applied? Is it worth a try or not.

I have been watching four pastures and hay meadows that has been fertilized with Montys liquid fertilizer. The only one that shows any evidence of improvement is a Bermuda meadow that had a strip that was always yellow no matter what kind of fertilizer was put on it. It has started to blend in green with the rest of the field. Two of the placed were laced heavy with litter before Monty's was applied. Cannot judge them too hard.

sewall":35ut3psa said:
What do you guys know or think about a 15-5-5 liquid organic fertilizer that cost $20/acre applied? Is it worth a try or not.
Term organic is used loosely by most. Right off the bat I would say that a 15-5-5 is not organic. I would ask the sales rep how they got the N to 15. Most organic fert. will have N of 6 or less. Blood meal has a N of 12-13. About the highest I can think of that is used in some organic fert.

dane12":27xwndfj said:
where can you buy organic fertilizer for 20 a acre?
You can do it for 25 to 30 dollars per acre. Shop around. Organic products have not gone up as much as some. Most increases have been due to higher transportation costs. And in all honesty I have seen prices going higher because they can.

Thanks Dun, got it fixed now. Guy priced it to me at $60/25# bag. One bag per two acres in 14 to 20 gallons of water per acre in my spray rig. Suggests one app in early spring and one in late summer/early fall, with a possible third app after haying. Hmmmm.

If the nitrogen in this liquid feed is derived from urea and ammonium sulphate and the maximum amount that can be suspended in water is 4 lbs/gal and you put out 20 gallons and acres then how much N are you actually putting an acre? And what is the actual cost when compared to a comparable rate of granular N.

Steve Wilson":3q3f3ft4 said:
Thanks Dun, got it fixed now. Guy priced it to me at $60/25# bag. One bag per two acres in 14 to 20 gallons of water per acre in my spray rig. Suggests one app in early spring and one in late summer/early fall, with a possible third app after haying. Hmmmm.

The material is 15-5-5.
Half a bag to the acre is 12.5 lbs/acre of a 15-5-5, which is 1.875 lbs of N. 0.25 lb of P and K.
For $30. For $30, buy two cases of beer and invite some friends. As long as they agree to P in the pasture, you will get about the same results as you will buying that product.

Latest posts