Limo bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Jdwest

Reaction score
How do y'all think a black limousine bull would do over some tigers or brangus cows? I would like to have the growth that a continental bull offers but keep the black hide that dominates today's market.

Jdwest":n66dmafa said:
How do y'all think a black limousine bull would do over some tigers or brangus cows? I would like to have the growth that a continental bull offers but keep the black hide that dominates today's market.
you'd be better off using a good red one,,to many black ones with poor muscling , breeders chasing color, get em black,we through....don't think the buyers are fooled by color, they can tell continental breeding from British ,and you might get your feelings hurt... with those cows you will get a heck of calf

Jdwest":1fnxbiom said:
Just my opinion but I'd stick with the brangus and forget the limi.

Red Bull Breeder":33qp0n80 said:
There is some good black bulls to be had, if you spend the time to find one.

TB that's good advice from a guy that eats limi beef!
:lol2: :lol2: But I never owned one. ;-) Just Brangus.

Ok I got a little free time on my Jdwest, but I would need more imput to give an honest opinion. Do you have a tight calving season, how long do you keep calves on cow, how tight skinned are your cattle, meaning do they care a lot of leather. Are your Brangus F-1's or multiple generations black.

I just throw some of it out their for discussion . I ran Good red fullblood Limi"s when I could find em on my F-1 Brangus for years and yes at times I got a little bit of rust color on the calves. Only a couple of breeds will clean up excess leather on calves better than a Fullblood Limi. The Tigers got black Limi's.

Something I was considering was a baldie Simmintal like Meyer734. would have got a white face and a black color and maybe some chance of replacement heifers. My whole idea of cattle was least imput and how could I Screw the order buyer. Im sure I'll catch hell over that comment

How about a Balancer? Either way, yes, you have to pay close attention to individual traits as much as breed stereotypes.

I think a good limi would take some ear off.
Less ear equals less of a dock.
A good limi will add some muscle and thickness

Yes. A good specimen within any of the purebred black continental breeds will throw very nice calves over f1 brafords.