lets talk Tractor Hydraulic Fluid

Help Support CattleToday:

fwiw I only use hydraulic fluid that comes from the dealer on each brand of tractor.. if its ford I use new holland if its deere thats what I use case gets case. I get my stuff pretty cheap at the case and deere dealer.

Get you a older Deere and you'll never have to change it. It will leak so bad it changes itself if you keep it full

with your old tractor you can use the cheap hydro oil no prob.but with the newer tractors you better stay with their brand name hydro oil.

While I'm not convinced that OEM oil is "better" than other brands, I plan to use genuine trans/hyd fluid in my Kubota.

That said though, Kubota already has had Cenex QuickLift added to it. It was down only because the dealer guys had not tightened a hose connection for the loader. :help: Had a jug of Kubota oil at home, but Cenex was closer to where I was working. :oops:

I've got Rotella synthetic oil with a Wix filter in the engine. The Wix filter from O'Reilly was half the price of OEM filter. :shock: I never even priced OEM 5W40 synthetic engine oil. Not sure they even have such a thing.

In mu old tractors I used to use that Tech stuff, used to go through about 5 gallons a month. With new tractors I use the OEM stuff.

Latest posts