Lets see Some Deer Stand pics.

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Here's my MN stand, on my ranch. For sure not fancy :oops:
It has glass and I keep it nice and toasty. Can get darn cold up here in November. Oh yeah! I have a 100% success on buck harvest. :D :D

P1010102.jpg

Hey that looks pretty fancy to me ! :D I have to hunt out of a climbing stand and the more layeys of cothes you wear determines just how toasty it is while sitting in it. :lol:

I would not know how to act hunting out of a stand like that. :lol:

Gonna have to get a pic of the wife's tower stand I built. 20 foot tube steel legs beneath a 4 by 6 cabin. Sliding windows. Insulated, carpeted and heated with propane. She don't mind going and sitting in her swivel chair. I had to hoist that thing msot of the way up with the hydraulic dump trailer.

Problem is she wants to be a horn hunter. She works with a bunch of horn hunters. I keep telling her to shoot nothing over 18 months old. She's done okay to that end but wants a really big one. Two years ago the buck we call "bullwinkle" was at my stand, less than 20 feet from me. He left and headed straight for her. I figured he was toast. He must have side tracked. I didn't see that deer one time last season. Usually see him a few times during the season.

This stand is built around a lazyboy recliner I intercepted before it became landfill filler. Pretty comfortable with 96 square feet floor space. Had plans to do something with the Make a Wish Foundation but it fell thru. Seems they thought a hunting trip would be too "dangerous" for the children but they did say they accepted cash. :roll:

IMG_1665.jpg

My shooting house. Everyone calls it the "Condo". 10X10 feet. Equipped with folding cot, gas heater, and camp stove. Crawl up on Friday night, cook, have a cocktail, and go to sleep. When awakening, no need to put on clothes. Socks, underwear and T-shirt will do.
The plywood at base of the 3 windows serve as a platform for sandbags or rifle rest.
Have had 3 shooters (one at each window) each harvest deer in one afternoon. Longest successful shot to date. 730 yards. 300 Dakota. 20 ft. from ground to shooting level.

condo.jpg

After lookin at all the neat pictures of stands posted here,was almost ashamed of my ole tool shed/deer stand combo,it sits in a trap on the edge of a small field.
IMG_0162.jpg

good luck and happy hunting.

MikeC, that is a NICE stand. I admire your devotion to detail. I would guess you believe in measuring twice and cutting once as well as doing it right the first time. Both of these traits are admirable.

HAY MAKER Cool 8) Stand. That's a decent buck. Axis? Are they running wild around there?

Mike C, Hope your being taxed appropriately for the second home.

Sand Bags??? Hummmmmm. Might have to add one to my stand. :D :D

Hey Mike C, Clear to see your power runs underground to your vacation home. :shock: 8) I'm 3/4 miles away from the line, :help: Don't think the rural co-op with go along with burying cable that far :( However I have the Colemans, and some fresh ground Gourmet coffee, I'll have fresh brewed in about 10 minutes. 8) :D :D

mnmtranching":5u7966bc said:
Hey Mike C, Clear to see your power runs underground to your vacation home. :shock: 8) I'm 3/4 miles away from the line, :help: Don't think the rural co-op with go along with burying cable that far :( However I have the Colemans, and some fresh ground Gourmet coffee, I'll have fresh brewed in about 10 minutes. 8) :D :D

No power runs to it. I went to an RV place and bought some 12 volt lights and installed them. I take a hot battery when I go.

Keep it hot! It'll take a minute or two to get there! :lol:

Those heaters that mount on top of a propane gas cylinder are wonderful.

We put in a piece of PVC pipe up through the floor that goes slightly underground in some sand to urinate in. Mounted a funnel at the top to prevent spillage. :roll:

Started out by using 1 gal. milk jugs.......................... :oops:

No underground power. :oops: :oops: :roll:

Not such a great second home after all.

Just Kidding around. :cboy:

I'm just to the milk jug phase. :D

But the camp stove 8) May have to stop by the hen house on the way to the stand :D :D