Leachman Right Time

Help Support CattleToday:

UG

Reaction score
What are the positives and negatives of the Angus bull Leachman Right Time?

Very popular and well - balanced bull.Produces incredible females.Not an absolute terminal bull.Only negative maybe low to moderate frame score.
Out of famed N Bar EXT.Enough for me.Maybe LA4Angus,Frankie or other gurus have more inside than I do.I'm predjudiced as my clean-up bull is out of a direct full sister.

G.Marc Renwick":cwknb8gy said:
Very popular and well - balanced bull.Produces incredible females.Not an absolute terminal bull.Only negative maybe low to moderate frame score.
Out of famed N Bar EXT.Enough for me.Maybe LA4Angus,Frankie or other gurus have more inside than I do.I'm predjudiced as my clean-up bull is out of a direct full sister.

I think you've said it all. We didn't jump on the Right Time bandwagon for a long time, just kept on using EXT. But we do have some RT daughters and they are good, solid producers. And, you say, moderate framed. Their dispositions are good, udders good, fertility seems OK, good moms. No bull is perfect, but I don't have anything bad to say about him.

Frankie":3hl8li9h said:
I think you've said it all. We didn't jump on the Right Time bandwagon for a long time, just kept on using EXT. But we do have some RT daughters and they are good, solid producers. And, you say, moderate framed. Their dispositions are good, udders good, fertility seems OK, good moms. No bull is perfect, but I don't have anything bad to say about him.

I have to agree with Frankie. From what I have seen of the Right Time offspring they are good thick, smooth, well balanced cattle.
I certainly wouldn't be afraid to use him. We also kept using EXT.

You will find there are several big name herds that have at least one Donor out of him. Most use him for his maternal attributes. Very sound tempered cattle. Works very well with Precision 1680 and also does well with Future Direction 5321. Right Time is gone but many will re-visit his use in there herds for the next several years. Be thankful semen is still available on some of these greats that are no longer living. He won't ad a lot of carcass but he will add middle, length and sound feet and legs and good udders and fertility with a good balance from birth to yearling. He wont ad or subtract much on frame.

the only thing I've seen wrong with the RT animals are that they are a little bit hard keeping for some environments.... there seem to be quite a few leachman bulls that come out of there and you have to tie a feed bag to their head because that Montana grass is so good that they look easy fleshing up there but as you move them south they have problems....

Latest posts