Lazy horse

Help Support CattleToday:

i trust my trainers advice on the saddle. she's also a chiropractor. if a had a horse that was already trained and had been trained then i would ride them more often. i'm extremely busy, and i dont have time everyday to bring him in, lungle him, tack him up, lunge again work with the bit for 15 minutes and then see if he'll let me get on him. if i can just get on and go instead of having to lunge him every single time i ride, then i would be able to ride everyday. i'm not msscamp understood fully why i dont get on EVERY day

msscamp":2cyy2sf7 said:
cowgirl08":2cyy2sf7 said:
...i want having him to be pleasurable, not a pain. i'm not going to be able to go to college and come home on weekends to throw a saddle on and ride him. this was suppose to be something enjoyable and it's not it's work, and i dont have time for this much work.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the vast majority of horses are work. The pleasure factor of most horses is directly proportional to the amount of riding the receive. A horse that is left in a stall/run/pen/pasture for any length of time - even a week, with some horses - is a frisky/unexcercised/potentially problem horse, especially if they are a younger horse. Mares also tend to be a little more of a handful at certain times of the month due to cycling. Based on what you've posted, I would suggest you look for a dead-broke, older gelding - they tend to not be affected as much by being left in a pen for a few weeks with no riding, nor are they affected by the monthly hormonal thing.

I agree to with what has been said!

milkmaid":3gqo7ywt said:
How much training has this colt had? he may not even understand what you want.
90 days professional training, with my help (the trainer let me aid in the training)

Unfortunatley laziness is often chronic. If he is lazy now I don't see the sittuation getting any better as he ages. I would send him down the road if it was me.

Latest posts