Last 2 calves dead in 3 days

Help Support CattleToday:

69zfarmer":2dqhfe7y said:
....you guys and dolls.....
Uh-oh. You don't know how lucky you are that it was me that caught that instead of Muraticdoll, txdoll, certdoll or one of the other multitude of competent dolls we have here. Guess you got lucky and none of them saw it, huh?

Just for future reference, the ladies on this Board are the most intelligent contributors we have. Along with being some of the best cowmen here. A little more respect would be in order. Try it with your apology.

Texan":4y5mz2zv said:
69zfarmer":4y5mz2zv said:
....you guys and dolls.....
Uh-oh. You don't know how lucky you are that it was me that caught that instead of Muraticdoll, txdoll, certdoll or one of the other multitude of competent dolls we have here. Guess you got lucky and none of them saw it, huh?

Just for future reference, the ladies on this Board are the most intelligent contributors we have. Along with being some of the best cowmen here. A little more respect would be in order. Try it with your apology.

Thanks Texan, but I think that most of us just considered the source and looked past it. At least I did. Shouldn't speak for the rest of the dolls on the boards though.

You know Texan, the more I think about the more I'm sure there won't be an appology.

First 69 will most likely claim that he was unfit at the time of the post. Probably because Bez scared the sht out of him.

But, if 69 follows that well spoken advice, he should not be back to frequent these forums for several months.

Now now now. Let's don't be so quick to flare. Everyone and every regions has their own way of saying things. Ya'll are still talking about 69 as if he hasn't already apologized to Bez and stated that he meant whoa. As for the dolls that doesn't bother me a bit. Where I live people still will address ladies as honey, baby, and whatever, it is not meant to be disparaging just a friendly way to address someone.

So lighten up!

:heart: :pretty:

..:roll:

Cherokee - That is the cutest little calf in your avatar!!! Could you post a full size image? please?

The way I see it if someone wants to call me doll, they sure don't know me very well :lol: :lol: :lol: He may just be an older gentleman and grew up that way?

I wasn;t raised that way either. But I still address all women that I don;t know as maam, no matter how old or young they are.

dun

M Gravlee":2v42xvo4 said:
Why do you think it's a he? ;-)

Hmmm, good question. I think, at least with me, that the general assumption is that unless the screen name suggests otherwise or something was mentioned to sway the vote to female I at least assume the poster is male.

But we all know what ASSUME means.

Look at the trouble it got us in with txag!!!!!!!!

sidney411":2n3mib6g said:
Cherokee - That is the cutest little calf in your avatar!!! Could you post a full size image? please?

The way I see it if someone wants to call me doll, they sure don't know me very well :lol: :lol: :lol: He may just be an older gentleman and grew up that way?

24heifer8-10-2005f.jpg

ALACOWMAN":3kfe9hbu said:
We wasnt raised that way here in alabama he's probably a transplant :(

The younger generation don't have the same values and respect as the older folks do. Who's fault is that. I blame it on the older generation for not instilling those values in their kids. I work second shift and get off late at night. Driving through town I see 12yo kids on the streets well after midnight. Where are these kids parents. BTW if have two kids of my own. I know where they are well before midnight and they call a lady a Maam and a man a Sir. Course it has helped that they learned by example.

dun":m0ky3xlt said:
Love those Basset Hound calves

dun

Yep, the hard part is making those high fences to keep them from flapping their ears and flying over. :lol:

flaboy":3ah744km said:
dun":3ah744km said:
Love those Basset Hound calves

dun

Yep, the hard part is making those high fences to keep them from flapping their ears and flying over. :lol:

I thought notching their ears would take care of that just like clipping a chickens wing

dun

Since some of you people have pre judged me just because i am not book smart enough to express myself over the keypad I am a Christian and i apologize to everyone.And by the way i am a male 44 year old born and raised in Alabama!

69zfarmer":3o04g44y said:
Since some of you people have pre judged me just because i am not book smart enough to express myself over the keypad I am a Christian and i apologize to everyone.And by the way i am a male 44 year old born and raised in Alabama!

Don't take this board so serious. I'm sure you're forgiven by now. Welcome to the boards. Maybe you were misunderstood a little. Maybe you're misunderstanding some on here too. Welcome aboard.

What did you find out about your calves? What was wrong? Why did they die?

Do not know what happened i called the vet and he is still thinking BRSV i have a very scummey pond (JD green)which i have stopped them from drinking out of.The vet said i could give my newborn calves Nuflor SQ.Do you think this would help?I worm my cattle but i do not vaccinate,but i am going to start.

69zfarmer":3bfb3i4e said:
The vet said i could give my newborn calves Nuflor SQ.Do you think this would help?I worm my cattle but i do not vaccinate,but i am going to start.

The vet probally gave you directions to give more nuflor than the bottle says. I would go ahead an vaccinate all of them as you don't really know what the problem is.

Latest posts