Land surveying in middle Tn.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ive been close to surveyors here that will say that it's tough to give you a straight answer for that. Cost is going to be determined by how much time it's going to take to get the job done. Each section of land, 640 acres, has a center that was marked maybe 100 years ago, along with the corners. If there has been a recent survey on file, close to your place, that can minimize the time involved, the job will be faster, and cheaper for you. If the surveyor has to locate the center of the section, and then find all four corners, so then he can accurately map your boundaries, this can take a lot more time, and cost to you. That's why most rural acerage is deeded as "more or less".
An easy quick job around here can be $1200
A hard one could mean $4000 to $5000.
Do some research on your own, talk with your County Assessor and ask about surveys on file in your area. If you know how far you are from the nearest recorded mark, it will help to get your estimate, and keep you from getting overcharged for work not done.

I just talked with a surveyor last week. 45 cents a foot, but once the trees bloom (I assume he will determine when he considers the foliage to be thick enough) the cost goes up to 55 cents a foot.

Cuz

I just had 65 acres surveyed that I own in Lebanon on a creek off of old Hickory lake. It cost me $12,000!!! But, I had a topo done too. You probably will not need that unless you are building a subdivision which is what I am doing on mine.

The man was great and very fast. PM me if you want his number. He will probably do yours for around 1200 to 1500 I would guess.

Ricker":3bgbhds5 said:
I just had 65 acres surveyed that I own in Lebanon on a creek off of old Hickory lake. It cost me $12,000!!! But, I had a topo done too. You probably will not need that unless you are building a subdivision which is what I am doing on mine.

The man was great and very fast. PM me if you want his number. He will probably do yours for around 1200 to 1500 I would guess.

That's not too far fetched for prices around here. It aint cheap anymore.

Hey Ricker, Thanks for building that subdivision and bringing more trash here. :mad: Why not keep it in Florida??

Crowderfarms":15lss39y said:
Ricker":15lss39y said:

That's not too far fetched for prices around here. It aint cheap anymore.

Hey Ricker, Thanks for building that subdivision and bringing more trash here. :mad: Why not keep it in Florida??

Don't ya hate developers???!!! :lol:

Well, for decades everybody was coming down here and clogging up our streets and such it's middle TN's turn for a while. Ecerybody wants to be there with you now. I gotta go where the action is to make money so I can support my cow hobby. Everybody knows, you can't make money in the cattle biz :eek: :p :shock: :cboy:

After you get a quote or two for the survey. When you see some guy at a construction site surveying, stop and tell him your situation. If he's willing to survey your place the price will go way down. Its kinda like getting the gm mechanic to work on your car but he does it at his house without all the overhead. Obviously you'll be cutting out the owner and if you have moral problems with this then disregard this post. Good luck either way.

Walt

Latest posts