Land rent prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Row crop 150 to 185 and acre. Pasture and hay 10 to 15. Purchase price 2000 to 4000 and acre, might find some less if you look hard enough.

High quality row crop (200 bu/ac corn possible)

Purchase 9-12,000
Rent 350-550, a lot of the land lords are getting 100% of the rent up front and some of those big numbers are for 2+ year leases

Pasture and hay ground, there isn't any left. Everything that could be tilled up and farmed, and even a lot of the stuff that couldn't, has been ripped up and gone to corn.

here in south east NC , row crop for Tobacco can run 150$ -200 , most any will rent for $100-125. pasture is hard to get unless it is on a hog farm and used for spray fields , and they are hard to come by, a few larger outfits have rentd up alot of them or the owner has 20-40 cows thier self. Purchase prices for farmland is $4-5000 per acre

These prices give me a better understanding of how and why people in different parts of the country can make more, or less, money with cattle

Wooded or brushy deer hunting land is about $2000 per acre. Some plow ground is being planted to trees using the CRP program...
Farm ground about $1500 per acre unless it is sandy and can be set up with a center pivot, then it is more. Some of this land will cash flow with cattle :cboy:
Marsh is about $1000 per acre.

$4,000 to $9,000 row crop

$150-250 some as high as $300 to lease

Pasture. Almost none available. What is rented is not really an arms length transaction, and goes $40

rent prices if you can find the land is $20 more or less.sell prices vary.i know wheres theres 37acs for sale that they want $2000ac.but its not worth it in my eyes.only worth $1000 to $1200 in my eyes.

Latest posts