KY-31 and Spraying

Help Support CattleToday:

tsellars

Reaction score
Fescue Gurus,

What is the earliest you will spray new fescue? Have some I planted last fall that id like to go ahead and spray but don't want to
set the grass back any.

What about fescue that was drilled in February, would spraying it now hurt it? Got a field that I broadcast last fall then came back over with a drill this spring, so it has mixed growth stages.

Fescues headed out so it's pretty tough by now. 2,4d won't hurt it.

I have seen it sprayed on corn over the top and it can mess it up so you can't go wild with it on every grass at every stage.

Couple years ago I sprayed some 6-8 in tall new seeding fescue and it set it back quite a bit. It turned pale and didn't grow much for about 2 months.
I was using pretty close to maximum dosage. Had a sprayer guy tell me I would probably been all right if I would have dropped the dosage to a minimum.

Definitely not a guru just my experience.

You retired people have all the time in the world. :cool:
Sure, I have been working at least 12 hours a day. Yesterday i worked a machinery auction in Bristol TN, tomorrow work an auction near here. Here it is 3:45am and I'm about to head out to Sparta TN with a load of posts and wire.
Sunday will drive all night to deliver a trailer to western Illinois and return home Monday.
Isn't being retired great.

Sure, I have been working at least 12 hours a day. Yesterday i worked a machinery auction in Bristol TN, tomorrow work an auction near here. Here it is 3:45am and I'm about to head out to Sparta TN with a load of posts and wire.
Sunday will drive all night to deliver a trailer to western Illinois and return home Monday.
Isn't being retired great.
Back to Camp Point?

Sure, I have been working at least 12 hours a day. Yesterday i worked a machinery auction in Bristol TN, tomorrow work an auction near here.
Are you seeing prices soften any yet? I figure about 2 cycles of credit card bills have came in by now and the reality of today's fuel prices should be setting in. I'd like to see used equipment (and new for that matter) prices tank back into reality.

Are you seeing prices soften any yet? I figure about 2 cycles of credit card bills have came in by now and the reality of today's fuel prices should be setting in. I'd like to see used equipment (and new for that matter) prices tank back into reality.
Me too, I need an excavator in the worst way!

Couple years ago I sprayed some 6-8 in tall new seeding fescue and it set it back quite a bit. It turned pale and didn't grow much for about 2 months.
I was using pretty close to maximum dosage. Had a sprayer guy tell me I would probably been all right if I would have dropped the dosage to a minimum.

Definitely not a guru just my experience.
Did the stand fully recover after the shock wore off?

Actually I thought the machinery was a little cheaper. It's hard to say when everyone was bidding and the original owner bought it.

Latest posts