Knee surgery for our house tomorrow . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
. . . .for LOML and right-hand man. To repair torn meniscus and get rid of arthritic build-up crap. Hope he heals quick, because he's not too patient! Neighbors will help with chores if needed. Would appreciate your prayers. Thx!

LOML= Love of my life...I think.

Been there and done that, Kathie. I wish him well and will drop a line to the Big Guy to look after him. Tell your guy that if he does his exercises and then does them above and beyond what the physical terrorists ask of him, he'll be a lot better off.

Dropping one off for you too, Tom.

Right, Slick. Thx. Yes, Tom, I hope yours goes well, too! My RN mom and sister say to pack plenty of ice for days after surgery. We'll see how that goes (Ice on my bones is worse than pain). And I think there will be some PT. I just don't want him to think he's doing better than anticipated, and get outside and over-do too soon.

You know, a really loving wife would give him a stainless steel service bell to ring if he needs something. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Prayers from here Kathie. You can spoil him for a while, just don't let him get too used to it. ;-)

LOML...took me a while to figure that one out too. :nod:

Jogeephus":3k9j4byz said:
You know, a really loving wife would give him a stainless steel service bell to ring if he needs something. Hope for a speedy recovery.
Jo, a really loving wife is still working, while he's retired, thankful as can be that he helps me with the cattle, while I pay extra $$ to make sure we have good health insurance coverage. I'll take time off from work if needed. And I can cook, and he likes to eat. :) We're good.

Kathie, I had the same surgery almost 2 years ago. I was out in the six wheeler in a couple of days. He should do fine. Tell him to get a cane for a few days. He is probably gonna need it.

Thanks, all. We're told this should be a pretty quick recovery. Hope so! My biggest worry is that he'll get too bored/too over anxious to get back up and out. 2nd worry is trying to keep a lid on that. :)

Prayers for y'all! My husband had an orthopedic consult yesterday at VA Birmingham,Al . Knee replacement recommended, but he's going to try rooster cone injections first.

Best of luck with it all.
Please remember that healing is as much of a mental activity as it is a physical one. If he NEEDS in his own mind to go out and do something then be there to monitor closely in case he can't get it done but please don't stand in his way and tell him he can't do it. Doctors like to tell us what they think is physically ideal but they forget about the mental aspects of healing.
Please let us know ho it turns out.

Well, we're home. Meniscus was repaired in 2 places and removal of arthritis calcifications (or whatever you call them). He's supposed to stay out of the barn for 5 days -- starts exercises tomorrow, and can walk on it as he can tolerate it. He thinks he's feeling pretty good right now, but has asked me 5 times in the last 2 hours just what all was done! Pain drugs are close by for when his memory returns. Again, thanks all for your concern and comments.

Kathie in Thorp":309cru0a said:
Thanks, all. We're told this should be a pretty quick recovery. Hope so! My biggest worry is that he'll get too bored/too over anxious to get back up and out. 2nd worry is trying to keep a lid on that. :)
Glad to hear it went well. I unerstand him being bored, my anesthia has just wore off and bored already.

hope he has a speedy recovery.my brother had the orthoscopic knee surgey when we was still in the dairy business an only missed 3 milkings.but he had help in the barn for a few days.

Kathie in Thorp":3almfeuj said:
I don't think your anesthesia has totally worn off yet, Tom. That's why you're on the computer and so cheery. !! :)
You were right. The nerve block wore off and now I can feel my arm. Can't survive without my pills. No one ever called me cherry, thanks. Usually called a grouch. :lol: The computer and the tv are trying to combat the boredom. Done got fussed at for going outside this morning.

How is you hubby today?

Latest posts