King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
My wife outdid herself tonight by making this dish. If you haven't tried it and you want something good and easy to make its worth a go. I don't think it could be improved unless of course you substituted the chicken with beef.
Recipe at this link. http://mykentuckyhome-kim.blogspot.com/ ... -king.html

IMG_5895.jpg

Looks delicious ,well done Mrs Joe . :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hubby and I were talking about food last night and I said my 2 favorite foods are pasta and cheese ... YUMMM !!!!!! :banana:

I need a towel for my keyboard. I've bookmarked it but can't even consider it until I finish my diet. This is very painful.

I think ya'll will like it. What the King Ranch has to do with chicken is beyond me but its pretty darn good and I don't like mac and cheese.

Jogeephus":20oyhr3q said:
I think ya'll will like it. What the King Ranch has to do with chicken is beyond me but its pretty darn good and I don't like mac and cheese.

Jo, there's several variations of casserole dishes that supposedly originated from the King Ranch. The original used corn tortillas instead of pasta and that mac and cheese is another variation. Looks great BTW!

What cheese would you suggest to substitute for the velveeta junk? Just regulat shreddar mild cheddar?

Wife makes King Ranch Chicken but it's more like a mexican dish. Found this recipe which looks pretty much like her's except she uses whole pieces of chicken instead of chopped:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup margarine
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large saucepan, cook pepper and
onion in melted margarine until tender, about 5 minutes. Add soups,
RO*TEL and chicken, stirring until well blended. In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch
baking pan, alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese, repeating
for three layers. Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Serves 8.

Good recipe Jogee. There's a lot of pretty, high dollar, exotic recipes here on the boards but this one looks affordable (for my budget anyway) and looks like it would taste pretty darned good too. Thanks for sharing it!

James T":nxuenrf2 said:
Good recipe Jogee. There's a lot of pretty, high dollar, exotic recipes here on the boards but this one looks affordable (for my budget anyway) and looks like it would taste pretty darned good too. Thanks for sharing it!

On that note here is one of my favorites which was a staple for me when I lived in a barn. Its a one pot wonder. You can do a search of Guadeloupe Pie and find some other ones along these lines but to save you some trouble here is a copy of the post with recipe.

[When I cook, I like it to be quick, easy and good with minimal cleanup. My favorite dish is Guadeloupe Pie.

1 lb hamburger cooked in a cast iron dutch oven

drain greese

dump 1 can of veg-all (drained) in the skillet

add some chili powder and salt and pepper

spoon batter from Jiffy corn bread mix on top and bake until cornbread is done.

When you are done, you got one pot to clean and its pretty darn good too.

You can add other stuff in it if you want./quote]

Thanks Jogee, I printed that out and also the one from Southern Living. Southern Foods also has a lot of pretty good recipes.

Now, that dessert. What's that all about? Looks good! Is that an Angelfood base or cheese cake?

Jogeephus":uf5drvv8 said:
James T":uf5drvv8 said:

On that note here is one of my favorites which was a staple for me when I lived in a barn. Its a one pot wonder. You can do a search of Guadeloupe Pie and find some other ones along these lines but to save you some trouble here is a copy of the post with recipe.

[When I cook, I like it to be quick, easy and good with minimal cleanup. My favorite dish is Guadeloupe Pie.

1 lb hamburger cooked in a cast iron dutch oven

drain greese

dump 1 can of veg-all (drained) in the skillet

add some chili powder and salt and pepper

spoon batter from Jiffy corn bread mix on top and bake until cornbread is done.

When you are done, you got one pot to clean and its pretty darn good too.

You can add other stuff in it if you want./quote]

I did try this one Jogee and it was pretty decent! It's an easy dish to add this and that to. Thanks! Now I just need a good turtle cheesecake recipe that's easy to make :)

Latest posts