Kind of implants

Help Support CattleToday:

redsimangus

Reaction score
i was wondering what kind of implants would be best for lightweight calves bout 350 to 400 or so. I would be drylotting them. I no some people suggest encore and some compudose. Weve been using ralgro but i want something that would last 120 to 150 days or so if possible. Also would like something that would put a little more gain than ralgro does. Thanks for your input. :cboy:

Revlon G is what I use on calves in the feedlot that I back ground. Are these calves going back to grass or staying in the lot?

Most of them would be staying in the lot but there would probably be a few that would go to grass it would depend on whether we had enough calves to go to grass or not

we start all with ral-gro... holsteins then get compudose and 4-5 months later follow up with encore
colored steers ralgro...followed by encore

holsteins 3 implants total
colored 2 implants

Butch how long do you wait after the ralgro before you do the next implant???? :???:

70-80 days
By the way, when I raise a couple for family and friends I give those a different color ear tag and no implants.
I think the meat from non-implanted steers is more tender.

I was thinking of putting implants in my calves. There around 300 lbs or so but there still with there mom and on pasture. Do u have to wait till there weaned or could I go ahead and put implants in?

pricefarm said:
I was thinking of putting implants in my calves. There around 300 lbs or so but there still with there mom and on pasture. Do u have to wait till there weaned or could I go ahead and put implants in?[/quote]

Sure.

fitz

Latest posts