Killed by her pit bulls................

Help Support CattleToday:

At the sale barn I once seen a lady selling baby rabbits in the parking lot and she had a pit bull with her and when the baby rabbits wondered off to far the dog would go pick them up and bring them back to the lady without so much as a scratch!

ropinranger":1hsn56z0 said:
Yes, it's more the owner's fault than then dog's fault. Yes pit bulls are dangerous(similar to a gun, you should have the proper training prior to owning/operating), and have been bred to fight-and they have a "lock-jaw", which means once they bite down, their jaw/mouth/teeth/etc. are like a "locked" vice grip..hard to release...

Pits, as with Rotts, Dobermans, and other protection/fighting type dogs should not be owned by folks that are not well trained in what it takes to PROPERLY train and own one, and they(fighting dog breeds, and some of their owners....lol) for sure, should not be allowed out in public...

Yorkies (bred to trail and kill mice and rats) are aggressive, but, an 8 lb yorkie is not going to kill someone it decides to attack(unless they start breeding them to jump 20 times their height...lol), unlike a pit/gs/rott/etc....so, yeah, you can say it is not the dog, but, in reality, it IS the dog...AND the dog's owner's fault...

tell that to the lady who went on and on online about how great her pitts were... defending them.... then she took them for a walk in the woods and they mauled her to death.

you can tell she was loving owner who cared for them a lot.

There is ALWAYS more to the story than we will ever know.

Fist of all... fighting Pitts are not #125... they are more like #30-40. They are very, small, very agile, very powerful dogs.

Pitt bull are used for fighting in the "pits" because they were the only breed people could train to fight other dogs that would not turn on their owner.

The problem is people do crazy stuff with dogs. They feed them steroids and gun powder and all kinds of other stuff trying to hop them up and it can mess with their brain chemistry. A lot of these people try to teach them to be aggressive towards humans because they think is cool. That is completely the opposite of what the breed is know for.

99% of the time the dogs are not even Pitt Bulls in these stories.

Stocker Steve":37uzm8jj said:
CSM":37uzm8jj said:
A woman was killed by two pit bulls in Bell County Ky this morning. The dogs weren't hers in this case.

Why is almost all women involved with these death by pit bull reports?

... because things start going wrong and they get worked up, the animals feed off that, and its starts a cycle until some thing really bad happens. You have to be calm, collected, and in control if you expect your animals to be.

Brute 23":jzxm5wgk said:

Fist of all... fighting Pitts are not #125... they are more like #30-40. They are very, small, very agile, very powerful dogs.

Pitt bull are used for fighting in the "pits" because they were the only breed people could train to fight other dogs that would not turn on their owner.

The problem is people do crazy stuff with dogs. They feed them steroids and gun powder and all kinds of other stuff trying to hop them up and it can mess with their brain chemistry. A lot of these people try to teach them to be aggressive towards humans because they think is cool. That is completely the opposite of what the breed is know for.

You fight dogs the same as people and roosters, by weight. And a lot of the time you can get odds on weight when your betting. A scared person sounds like a hurt animal, that is why kids and women get attacked more often.

Stocker Steve":1cyq7c15 said:
True Grit Farms":1cyq7c15 said:
You fight dogs the same as people and roosters, by weight. And a lot of the time you can get odds on weight when your betting.

Sound like I am safe from getting attacked. ;-)
I'd still carry a pistol in my pocket, after all you can never be to safe.

True Grit Farms":bnvl57q9 said:
Brute 23":bnvl57q9 said:

You fight dogs the same as people and roosters, by weight. And a lot of the time you can get odds on weight when your betting. A scared person sounds like a hurt animal, that is why kids and women get attacked more often.

Have you been around or witnessed these dog fights in person? They had #100 plus dogs there?

There was a follow up to the story; on them doing tests on the dogs after they were euthanized. Also a follow up about the changes that the dogs were forced to endure in the last 6 months. Something changed in the personal life of the woman, the dogs went from living with her inside her own house, to a kennel at her fathers house. He was not personally taking care of them, she was coming back to the house to feed and take care of them; an average of 5 times a week. So right there, not a daily regimen of food and such. So they went from being loved and constantly in communication with the woman, to being put in a kennel, with minimal interaction with her or any human. Also the change in weather and lack of exercise that they had been previously receiving.. I am not making excuses for the dogs. But, any good trainer will tell you that severe changes in a dogs routine, habitat, etc., will cause different reactions and personality changes in the dog. So although I do not have alot of experience with pitts, except for one loveable slob that comes to a dairy I test and can't get enough pets and rubs and is the most tail wagging try to please you dog; I can say that there were reasons that the dogs' personalities may have changed. Again, not a good reason to attack your owner. But I have seen dogs bite for very little provocations. A small dog would not have been able to kill it's owner like they did, but there are alot of breeds that have been known to do major damage when they bite.

Latest posts