Killed by her pit bulls................

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
They were trained to fight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3703517

pitbulls17n-1-web.jpg

There was a time when game bred dogs typically didn't have a mean bone in them.
They where no different than coon dog killing a coon. And it was a rural thing.
They went bad when the inner city hoodlums got hold off them.

TennesseeTuxedo":1iilxc51 said:
I have never heard of a pit bull weighing 125 lbs.

Where did the article mention that they were trained to fight? I may have missed that part.

Sad story nonetheless.

"Agnew said the dogs belonged to Stephens and suspected that they had been bred to fight, according to the report."

He suspects they were bred to fight.

But we see reports like this of pit bulls killing people even when they were not bred to fight and had never bit anyone before. But pit bulls were bred for centuries for fighting bulls and fighting other dogs. It is in their nature to be aggressive. It's funny that you never hear about people being mauled by say Labrador Retrievers or German Shorthair Pointers or something. That is because those breeds were not bred to be aggressive.

My grandfather had a pit bull puppy one time. It started getting bigger and one day my grandfather looked out to see the pit bull with its mouth clamped on the throat of the neighbor's dog. My grandfather had to beat the pit bull to get it to release the dog. No one ever taught that puppy how to grab a dog by the throat. It was bred into the dog. My grandfather got rid of the pit bull.

I would never own a pit pull.

A pit bull saved my wife's life. I've never owned a aggressive pit bull yet, but I've sure seen some that needed killing. I had to put down three Catahoula leopard hounds from different lines because they were vicious. DON'T BLAME THE DOG
In Florida the new breed to have is Blue Heeler crossed with a Pit Bull.

Bullitt":19jjgw7b said:
TennesseeTuxedo":19jjgw7b said:
I have never heard of a pit bull weighing 125 lbs.

Where did the article mention that they were trained to fight? I may have missed that part.

Sad story nonetheless.

"Agnew said the dogs belonged to Stephens and suspected that they had been bred to fight, according to the report."

He suspects they were bred to fight.

But we see reports like this of pit bulls killing people even when they were not bred to fight and had never bit anyone before. But pit bulls were bred for centuries for fighting bulls and fighting other dogs. It is in their nature to be aggressive. It's funny that you never hear about people being mauled by say Labrador Retrievers or German Shorthair Pointers or something. That is because those breeds were not bred to be aggressive.

My grandfather had a pit bull puppy one time. It started getting bigger and one day my grandfather looked out to see the pit bull with its mouth clamped on the throat of the neighbor's dog. My grandfather had to beat the pit bull to get it to release the dog. No one ever taught that puppy how to grab a dog by the throat. It was bred into the dog. My grandfather got rid of the pit bull.

You think pit bulls are the only breed of dog that would go for the throat in a dog fight? Seriously?

TennesseeTuxedo":2xh4fhu8 said:

You think pit bulls are the only breed of dog that would go for the throat in a dog fight? Seriously?[/quote]

Can you point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat?

Bullitt":2jzg64fo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2jzg64fo said:

You think pit bulls are the only breed of dog that would go for the throat in a dog fight? Seriously?

Can you point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat?[/quote]

You calling your Paw Paw a liar? He said it was bred into the dog.

TennesseeTuxedo":gio68qa0 said:
Bullitt":gio68qa0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":gio68qa0 said:

Can you point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat?

You calling your Paw Paw a liar? He said it was bred into the dog.[/quote]

I said aggressiveness was bred into pit bulls, which is a fact.

I did not mention any other dog breeds going for or not going for a throat in a dog fight. So you cannot point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat in a dog fight.

Do not put words in other people's mouths.

Our pit bull is very nice! But extremely excitable she does not do well at all with kids yelling or wrestling! So I can see how two pit bulls could get each other whipped up in to a crazy frenzy that would not be safe for anyone to be around

Bullitt":uo9a4dvv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":uo9a4dvv said:
Bullitt":uo9a4dvv said:

You calling your Paw Paw a liar? He said it was bred into the dog.

I said aggressiveness was bred into pit bulls, which is a fact.

I did not mention any other dog breeds going for or not going for a throat in a dog fight. So you cannot point out where I said pit bulls are the only dog breed to go for the throat in a dog fight.

Do not put words in other people's mouths.[/quote] going for the throat, is more a natural instinct for them.. They all can be aggressive.. Just give em time and the right situation...

Lots of folks claim to be the worlds smartest dog owners - but in the end most people end up being owned by their dogs.

A good dog is a Godsend.

A truly bad one is a nightmare that can usually only be solved by going to the gun cabinet.

Not many will do that.

This is a sad story - thoughts and prayers to her family.

Son of Butch":x00ui7j6 said:
Choosing a breed that increases home insurance premiums is just a flat out bad decision.
We have several rentals and it didn't increase ours, they just sent us letters saying if we let people rent our houses with any of these dogs they would not cover us.
Akita; Belgian Malinois; Chow; Doberman; German Shepherd; Great Dane; Jindo; Mastiff; Pit Bull; Presa Canario; Rottweiler; Shar-pei; Staffordshire Bull Terrier; Wolf Hybrid or Wolf Dog also says it will include any dog mixed with any of these or any dog with a prior bit history. It was kind of funny our Attorney told me 2 weeks before this letter that he was a little concern with our rental applications and lease saying '' NO PIT BULLS OR VICIOUS DOGS OF ANY KIND'' thought we were setting our self up for a law suit. I call him and tell him I was fixing to add 13 more dogs to our forms and he said '' you cant do that'' so I tell him ,knowing he would not do it , that we would sue the Insurance co. After much debate with Ins. Co. and their legal team and HUD and their legal team the final on it was that you can refuse to rent to them, even if the dog is a service dog.
I never would rent to them but now we have a legal reason not to.

It is a sad day that this woman was killed by her dogs. Yes some breeds are more aggressive, some even vicious. I was raised with german shepards and various mixes with shepards. They have on 2 occasions saved me from possible serious harm through their "showing their protectiveness" . That said, had one that was a white female that was 125 lbs. Biggest baby there was, loved everyone and everything, but when she got up, with her big SMILELY face with her tail wagging a mile a minute, no one would get out of their car. I didn't mind.
All that said, my two worst dog bites were by a Boxer and a dalmation that went after me with no provocation with the owner right in the same area. I was not close to the owners of either, and they had no idea why their dog decided to go after me. I normally get along with most all dogs and come in contact with many all the time on farms etc. Just recently, on one farm, the owners wife came to the barn to try to fix a glitch in the computer, and the one dog came up to me and I let him sniff me while staying very still and quiet so they would not feel a threat and when he seemed fine, I talked to him and he wanted to be petted. They said the other one wasn't much on strangers, so I just didn't bother her. I was sitting in the chair, and next thing, she is half in my lap and wanting to be petted and loved on. Both owners just looked at her, and at me, and said, I don't believe what I am seeing, she never makes up to strangers like that.

A woman was killed by two pit bulls in Bell County Ky this morning. The dogs weren't hers in this case.

Latest posts