Killed by her pit bulls................

Help Support CattleToday:

some neighbor near a place i own has one of these crazy pit bulls. I was fixing a downspout and it was outside going nuts. They have some loose chicken wire type fencing to keep it in.. It was jumping all over it I knew it was goign to come down pretty quick.. I yelled at that stupid dog and told it to bring it on. I had my 9mm CC pointing right at that SOB ready to take it out.

owner quickly came and brought it inside. I think they heard me telling it I was goign to shoot the f out of it.

I am a dog friendly person, if they are on my property and not bothering anything I wont bother them, BUT if they are Pit or show any Pit in them its SSS.

BRYANT":2mfoeuzc said:
I am a dog friendly person, if they are on my property and not bothering anything I wont bother them, BUT if they are Pit or show any Pit in them its SSS.
That's called profiling in people, I don't discriminat.

Bullitt":as8ukmr1 said:
My grandfather had a pit bull puppy one time. It started getting bigger and one day my grandfather looked out to see the pit bull with its mouth clamped on the throat of the neighbor's dog. My grandfather had to beat the pit bull to get it to release the dog. No one ever taught that puppy how to grab a dog by the throat. It was bred into the dog. My grandfather got rid of the pit bull.

I would never own a pit pull.
Had a Basset hound that whipped the neighbors great dane german shepard mix by grabbing a front leg and throwing her weight against it then grabbed it by the throat. It had come over and was chasing chickens so Ol Becky took care of the situation. The throat hold is just and instinctive thing with any dog.

Only dog I ever killed for being vicious was a Beagle. Great rabbit dog but she turned on my wife one day so I took her rabbit hunting and blew her brains out.

True Grit Farms":ka9tyut4 said:
BRYANT":ka9tyut4 said:
That's called profiling in people, I don't discriminat.
I do but its a concern now with all the technology and micro chips and so on to shoot any dog. a man had me look up another dog shooting ,hound, case the other day where a jury awarded a hunter 140,000.00 because the land owner shot his dog, I posted about another case on here that I followed a few months back where the landowner was found gilty and now has two (2) felonies and was fined and got jail time. the courts are setting a president and its not in favor of the land owner.

they just upgraded killing someones pet here to a felony.

insane.

All i'll say it was trying to kill my ducks and I had to defend my livestock. f'em

some guy just killed a cat in town.. some stray. neighbor witnessed it and called him in.

he got 5 days jail, a fine, and 80 hours community service and thats with a lawyer.

now a few weeks ago some guys in a 4x4 truck went running through my buddies 50 acre field. cover crops were just coming up and they tore through everything. He got stuck at the end away from the road so the cops had a neighbor with duals go in and get him.. it was solid mud so it just tore it to crap. he did more damage with the tractor..

so anyway now they act like its no big deal and my friend wants to press charges but the cops are pretty much saying he's SOL.

who cares about all the damage, compaction and cost of seed.. these boys were just out having fun.. dur dur dur..

I had some damage done by someone who was eventually arrested and incarcerated for a few days, after the police busted the door in and thru a smoke bomb (tear gas) in the apt.

I got a letter, after I inquired, from the county attorney's office about being eligible for "Crime Victims' Compensation". Your buddy might inquire.

ddd75":2lnh8ce9 said:
some guy just killed a cat in town.. some stray. neighbor witnessed it and called him in.

he got 5 days jail, a fine, and 80 hours community service and thats with a lawyer.

now a few weeks ago some guys in a 4x4 truck went running through my buddies 50 acre field. cover crops were just coming up and they tore through everything. He got stuck at the end away from the road so the cops had a neighbor with duals go in and get him.. it was solid mud so it just tore it to crap. he did more damage with the tractor..

so anyway now they act like its no big deal and my friend wants to press charges but the cops are pretty much saying he's SOL.

who cares about all the damage, compaction and cost of seed.. these boys were just out having fun.. dur dur dur..

The cops are full of BULL CHIPS he can make them pay damages and repair

rollinhills":18q809d4 said:
ddd75":18q809d4 said:

The cops are full of BULL CHIPS he can make them pay damages and repair
This is not up to the cops get a lawyer and go after them or just file in small claims court. As for as that goes their auto Ins. should pay the damages

i'll let him to know to contact their insurance company. thats a pretty good idea.

Yes, it's more the owner's fault than then dog's fault. Yes pit bulls are dangerous(similar to a gun, you should have the proper training prior to owning/operating), and have been bred to fight-and they have a "lock-jaw", which means once they bite down, their jaw/mouth/teeth/etc. are like a "locked" vice grip..hard to release...

Pits, as with Rotts, Dobermans, and other protection/fighting type dogs should not be owned by folks that are not well trained in what it takes to PROPERLY train and own one, and they(fighting dog breeds, and some of their owners....lol) for sure, should not be allowed out in public...

Yorkies (bred to trail and kill mice and rats) are aggressive, but, an 8 lb yorkie is not going to kill someone it decides to attack(unless they start breeding them to jump 20 times their height...lol), unlike a pit/gs/rott/etc....so, yeah, you can say it is not the dog, but, in reality, it IS the dog...AND the dog's owner's fault...

ropinranger":1vfu5bw2 said:
Yes, it's more the owner's fault than then dog's fault. Yes pit bulls are dangerous(similar to a gun, you should have the proper training prior to owning/operating), and have been bred to fight-and they have a "lock-jaw", which means once they bite down, their jaw/mouth/teeth/etc. are like a "locked" vice grip..hard to release...

Pits, as with Rotts, Dobermans, and other protection/fighting type dogs should not be owned by folks that are not well trained in what it takes to PROPERLY train and own one, and they(fighting dog breeds, and some of their owners....lol) for sure, should not be allowed out in public...

Yorkies (bred to trail and kill mice and rats) are aggressive, but, an 8 lb yorkie is not going to kill someone it decides to attack(unless they start breeding them to jump 20 times their height...lol), unlike a pit/gs/rott/etc....so, yeah, you can say it is not the dog, but, in reality, it IS the dog...AND the dog's owner's fault...
While I agree, the most affectionate dogs I've even been around are pitts. Some of them make labs seem unfriendly.

Dun, I had a red nosed pit about 20 years ago that was like that...a great dog, and as friendly to other folks and animals as well. But, when i was out walking him(stationed in San Antonio, so i lived in the city), a lot of folks steered clear of us, even back then....he looked like he was ready to attack at all times. I owned a chocolate lab at the same time, and it was considerably more aggressive than the pit back then. But, i have no doubt, that if need be, the pit would do a lot of damage to whatever it decided was a threat. I gave him to a friend when i was stationed in Korea, and by all accounts, he staid laid back and affectionate until he passed.

That, said, when out in public, i kept a close eye, and leash on him; i also would never let anyone come into the house until i had control of him....just in case.

Latest posts