Kids Playground unwanted visitor

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
That thing was huge was on the backside of my kids playground set. We have had enough spider bites this year so I dispatched this one quickly.

She sure was but hopefully the size 13 i layed up on her killed all of them. I wonder if there is anything I can spray on the kids playground set that wouldnt be harmful to them but keep the spiders off of it.

skyhightree1":3jjvq20h said:
She sure was but hopefully the size 13 i layed up on her killed all of them. I wonder if there is anything I can spray on the kids playground set that wouldnt be harmful to them but keep the spiders off of it.
There are permethrin sprays that work well but if you get much rain they don;t last and they need to be sprayed every month or so. A farm we had in the central valley had blackwidows by the jillions, took about 6 months but after that they were pretty much gone.

dun":3uci9h00 said:
skyhightree1":3uci9h00 said:
There are permethrin sprays that work well but if you get much rain they don;t last and they need to be sprayed every month or so. A farm we had in the central valley had blackwidows by the jillions, took about 6 months but after that they were pretty much gone.

Thanks will any permethrin work? I keep tuns of it around as i spray my hounds with it during the summer while running them while ticks are out and spray there pens with it for fleas,.

Oh boy !!! The kids ,heck anyone, sure as heck doesn't need to be bit by her .

How is your wife doing ,after her bite a while ago . Is it starting to heal over ? ( sure hope I am remembering that right :oops: )

1982vett":1rhghxwg said:
Was going to say spray the yard with Tenguard, It's a stout permethrin based and can be used indoors as well. I drench my yard and house with it several times a year to control the scorpions. Getting rid of spiders is just a side effect. :D
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/msds/Tengard_SFR_2010_label.pdf

Thanks 1982 be nice if an added bonus was to take care of skeeters too :lol:

hillsdown":vb14tx7t said:

How is your wife doing ,after her bite a while ago . Is it starting to heal over ? ( sure hope I am remembering that right :oops: )

Hills yes sir you are right she is doing well its still lil red and scaring over spots a lil hard but still healing ... Thanks for asking. She will go out her way to get away from spiders and now since this black widow wants the exterminator to come twice a month and spray the house lol

Bigfoot":2hy8ptj5 said:
Is it permrethren that harms cats?
If it is, our cat would be graveyard dead right now. I mix a 2qts/50 gals of water and spray the whole yard--wait 2 weeks then do the same thing with malathion.

skyhightree1":34be10u5 said:
hillsdown":34be10u5 said:

Hills yes sir you are right she is doing well its still lil red and scaring over spots a lil hard but still healing ... Thanks for asking. She will go out her way to get away from spiders and now since this black widow wants the exterminator to come twice a month and spray the house lol

I do not blame her one bit ! :shock: Glad she is healing well and on the mend . :tiphat:

Latest posts