CT Visitor

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Cattle Today is many things to many Users. On one end of the curve, some Users never seem to post a single word about a cow. On the other extreme, some Users never post a word unless it is about cattle.

Cattle Today provides me an opportunity where I can engage myself. Mostly for my own pleasure. But if I look back on my time here, without a single millisecond of thought, the greatest benefit has been the other Users who have become a part of my circle of life. None more than Fire Sweep. Without any doubt, I would not have the operation I have today without her influence. She calls my operation - Fire Sweep East.

Yesterday, I had an enjoyable visit from another CT User. I find it extremely rewarding to see another person enjoy what I have. The beauty of the land, the abundance of grass but most of all the docility of the cattle.

WHAT A GRAND DAY IT WAS! I have never seen another person have such a good time visiting my cattle operation. It gave me a real boost when sometimes I wonder why I do this - not much though, I love my cattle.

Docility in cattle is the most under rated trait. Any calf that are spooky gets culled, I'm not looking for puppy dogs, but sure don't want horses and dogs to work cows.

True Grit Farms said:
Docility in cattle is the most under rated trait. Any calf that are spooky gets culled, I'm not looking for puppy dogs, but sure don't want horses and dogs to work cows.

Mine are dangerous. They maul visitors. They have to be careful when the one they are scratching gets all moon eyed, one is coming up on their rear to demand attention. He contacted me when he got home late yesterday, he had a long drive, and said he told his father in law that he had finally found someone with cattle more docile than his.

Latest posts