Kentucky-Kansas

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
This morning I caught a bit of news that KY beat KU 72 to 40 or something like that. I am not an avid college basketball fan but you cannot have lived in KY for as long as I did and not become acquainted with the game. What caught my eye was that KU only scored 12 points in the second half. I might have to watch KY play; that is astounding!!!

I respect and appreciate everything there is to do with Kentucky basketball except for one major component, Coach Cal. Hard to pull for them with him on the bench, just IMO.

Depends if you love the Cats or hate em. Cal is despised in certain quarters in Indiana, but Bob (a-hole) Knight is at god's right hand. Cal is OK with me, bacause I like UK basketball. It's a strange world.

I watch UK play if they are in the final four. In ky you bout gotta act like a fan, or be ostracized

I use to be a die hard UK Basketball fan, knew every player's name, watched all the games etc.... but since coach cal came I have missed a many and don't hardly know a single one of there player's names. I'll still pull for them but just don't watch the b ball game much anymore. I still remember the days when Cal was at UMASS and I hated that team and him.

TennesseeTuxedo":qqjd59qw said:
Best team money can buy.

TT, you are digging too shallow. Dig just a couple inches deeper.

The institution of college sports is as ugly as my hairy butt. How long did the followers of sports hold PSU to be a sacred Institution where everything was right. Look what was revealed when we pulled back the covers! I think that says a lot about the entire institution. In fact, I bet UK is cleaner than 90 % of the programs out there. Why? Because their high profile receives more scrutiny.

College sports is a total distraction to what the institution is about. Now carry on my very good friend!

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

inyati13":2wcyur1h said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2wcyur1h said:
Best team money can buy.

The institution of college sports is as ugly as my hairy butt. How long did the followers of sports hold PSU to be a sacred Institution where everything was right. Look what was revealed when we pulled back the covers! I think that says a lot about the entire institution. In fact, I bet UK is cleaner than 90 % of the programs out there. Why? Because their high profile receives more scrutiny.

College sports is a total distraction to what the institution is about. Now carry on my very good friend!

Well, my good friend Inyati, there is little you can teach me about the dark underbelly of big time college athletics. Google Pony Excess by ESPN from there 30 in 30 series.

Calipari has left every program he's coached in either a state of probation or forced to vacate NCAA tournament victories. My :2cents: say a leopard doesn't change his spots.

Have a good day.

TennesseeTuxedo":24th7br9 said:
inyati13":24th7br9 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":24th7br9 said:
Best team money can buy.

Well, my good friend Inyati, there is little you can teach me about the dark underbelly of big time college athletics. Google Pony Excess by ESPN from there 30 in 30 series.

Calipari has left every program he's coached in either a state of probation or forced to vacate NCAA tournament victories. My :2cents: say a leopard doesn't change his spots.

Have a good day.
TT, I concede to your greater knowledgeable on college athletics. And I have no inclination to read about anything related to college sports. This thread is taxing my interest. I would rather read about male erectile dysfunction in Madagascar lemurs!

inyati13":nrq1xdt1 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":nrq1xdt1 said:
Best team money can buy.

Having followed college athletics for over 40 years, I know of no institution of higher learning, that has had (over that entire period) a higher public profile than Penn State. The thing is, with higher profiles, comes higher protectionism as well--everywhere in college athletics.
It wasn't that people thought PS was squeaky clean--lots of people were aware of the dark goings on--they just chose to ignore them and/or sweep them under the rug. Look at Univ of Texas football--athletes and their handlers have been given a bye from news media, law enforcement and alumni for years--changing some now with new head coach Charlie Strong--he's kicked at last count 1/2 doz players completely off the roster that in year's past would have been given protection.
Don't get me started on defending national champ (and very high profile) FSU.

Latest posts