Kentucky Derby

Help Support CattleToday:

When I was at Fort Knox for basic training there was two guys in my platoon that was from Louisville and they said on derby day they would put a sign up parking $10.00 in a yard then when that yard was full they would go to another yard and do it all over again wasn't even their yards, they said they made a lot of money on derby day.

I thought Classic Empire had the look of a winner when they brought 'em out on the track... but he finished 4th.

The crowd had it right with Always Dreaming 5-1 in morning line and bet him down to 9-2 (4.5-1)

We'll see how it goes... I'd kind of like to see him win the Preakness and Classic Empire run him down in the Belmont.

It's really interesting to look at the pedigrees and see the common connections of champions that go so far back.

TexasBred":230i6fgh said:
Jogeephus":230i6fgh said:
I missed it. Got busy making locally sourced distillers grain for the cattle and forgot all about it. :oops:
Just glad you have your priorities in order.

With a good distillers grains the cattle grow faster and the fish you catch are much bigger. Made properly its magic.

Son of Butch":3cu8xari said:
Son of Butch":3cu8xari said:
I thought Classic Empire had the look of a winner when they brought 'em out on the track... but he finished 4th.
(Classic Empire bumped coming out of the gate, otherwise he would've been pushing Always Dreaming at the finish)

The crowd had it right with Always Dreaming 5-1 in morning line and bet him down to 9-2 (4.5-1)
We'll see how it goes... I'd kind of like to see him win the Preakness and Classic Empire run him down in the Belmont.
Always Dreaming post position 4 set the pace with Classic Empire post 5 following him in 2nd until the top of the turn

1 Cloud Computing 13-1 skipped the Kentucky Derby and ran down Classic Empire to win the Preakness by a head.
2 Classic Empire 3-1 in 2nd most of the race, looked strong taking the lead at the top of the turn, finished 2nd :(
4 Lookin At Lee 2nd in the Derby went off at 10-1 and finished 4th
8 Always Dreaming the 4-5 favorite and winner of the Derby led most of the race before fading to 8th

i suck at picking... but maybe Classic Empire can still win the Belmont

Yeah Classic Empire looked like he had it there for a bit but I was correct with Cloud Computing winning it. Wish I had some money on it but if I did he more than likely would have came in dead last at least I got some bragging rights for picking the winner. In the Derby I had went with Gormley and that didn't work out so well.

Who cares, until they can get a horse that can match Big Red. A horse running almost a half a century ago crushes any horse running today.

Sure wish we would have had hi-def tv when Secretariat was running.

dun":sxkgs093 said:
Bright Raven":sxkgs093 said:
houstoncutter":sxkgs093 said:
Who cares, until they can get a horse that can match Big Red. A horse running almost a half a century ago crushes any horse running today.

Sure wish we would have had hi-def tv when Secretariat was running.

https://youtu.be/74Usj3K4oZ0
I really enjoyed the Belmont
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4
But the Preakness was somthing too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV89InWOENc

He was awesome. Claiborne Farm is about 30 miles from me.