Kencove vs Stafix Fence Energizer Quality

Help Support CattleToday:

wheatfarmer55

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new energizer to power about 20 miles of electrified fence. The Kencove 24J energizer is priced at $625 and the Stafix 22 J energizer is at $975. My gut tells me you get what you pay for, but $350 is substantial especially when the Kencove comes with a 3 year warrantee and the Stafix a 2 year. Does anyone have any experience with the Kencove Energizers as far as their quality and shock potential vs the more expensive Stafix? Thanks.

OK - This is a good question, but let me ask it another way. I am interested in this topic too.

What energizer would you NOT buy, and why?

This is not a hijacking so please answer WF's question if you can.

Thanks

I don't know about that Model, but Kencove is near where I live. I have been to the store a few times. They sell quality stuff. Much better fencing material than Tractor Supply or the other farm stores here. They don't manufacture fencers, but buy them from manufacturers. They will repair it quickly if it quits.

Cabo":x07l1xxo said:
The Paramak 50 mile energizer is hard to beat for the money. Valley Vet has them for about $125 plus a lot of others sell them.
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=bf3c1d7d-c143-497d-8590-816ea167c797

Alittle more info--your results may vary:
Voltage and joule data: Parmak reports that the SE-5 puts out 11,000 volts on an open circuit, 6,300 volts with a 500-ohm weed burden, and 4,300 volts (plenty to shock bears) with a significant 100-ohm weed burden. The SE-5 is rated at about 2 joules.

Target animals: Besides warding off bears, the SE-5 is useful for containing cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, and other livestock. It is also suited to repelling deer and keeping out many other animals including coyotes, wolves, javelinas, feral pigs, and bison.

General data: The SE-5 features advanced solid-state circuitry, fuse protection with built-in lightning arrestors, color coded positive and ground terminals, a digital display that indicates the charger's voltage output (in kilovolts), and a one-year warranty against defects and lightning damage. The SE-5 must be installed in a clean, dry location protected from the weather. Instructions and mounting screws are included

About the same price range as most other 2 joule energizers/chargers..

Latest posts