kabota rtv 1140

Help Support CattleToday:

[email protected]

Reaction score
This rig is hard to get in and out of gear. I have been stuck several times. Kabota has been trying to fix this for 4 years that I know of. They will give you a new shifting fork. I'm installing mine this week.
anyone else have a solution?

You guy's must have better Polaris Rangers than we do here in GA. They are without a doubt the biggest pieces of crap made, except for the ride.

highgrit":1si416wy said:
You guy's must have better Polaris Rangers than we do here in GA. They are without a doubt the biggest pieces of crap made, except for the ride.

lol we only had 1 no major issues just regular maintenance stuff.

I notice when I drive by atv and utv dealers I see way to many polaris in repair. I see a couple Kaw mule / atv and once in a while a old Honda is there. I have a Honda's and so far they only wear out tires. This post may JINKs me hope not. RT

Postby R.T. » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:56 am
I notice when I drive by atv and utv dealers I see way to many polaris in repair.

The reason you see more there, is because more are sold. When you drive by your tractor dealer do you see a lot of Belarus tractors in the repair shop? If not, does that make them better tractors?

I have a 1140 and have not had what I consider a problem shifting but every once in a while it can not want to go into gear. This usually happens when the machine is on a grade or wedged up against something like nose down in a ditch. That is one of the quirks with the hydrostatic tranny. I guess you know how to slightly accelerate to get to go into gear? Work it like a tractor where you apply a slight pressure to the gear shift and accelerate slightly.

FWIW I think the 1140 is one of the best work machines out there if you need a small truck like RTV. I like mine.

We have an 1140 and the hydrostatic transmission can be a bit touchy. Turning the steering wheel both directions full and/or pulling out the little knob on the dash (as indicated on the placards) do the trick though.

Latest posts