Kubota 1140 RTV aftermarket parts.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
A rear u-joint and front drive shaft CV type of joint went out on our Kubota. Supposedly there's no rebuild kits available for the front drive shaft and Kubota wants $1,100.00 for a new one. The rear axle u-joint is $114.00 from Kubota. I'm going to build a drive shaft out of a hay tedder pto shaft, and hopefully NAPA or someone else can cross the u-joint up and come up with something that will work.
Don't ever cuss JD because of high part prices.

Door latch broke on my NH Wednesday night, Went by the dealer. 101.00 +tax not in stock , have to order bLAH ,bLAH, bLAH.
mechanically sealed
Drilled out the swedge , took it apart found a broken spring , Bought a spring assortment for 5 bucks , 2 longer bolts and lock nuts to hold backing plate back on and I am back in business.

That's odd to have CV type joint on a drive shaft.

I'm guessing Kubota did it for a reason, installing a standard universal in it's place may vibrate or cause other issues.

If you can get it apart, you may get lucky and find a CV joint that will fit. As mentioned, they're not too difficult to deal with, all you might need are CV band pliers.

Atimm693":pttrunih said:
That's odd to have CV type joint on a drive shaft.

I'm guessing Kubota did it for a reason, installing a standard universal in it's place may vibrate or cause other issues.

If you can get it apart, you may get lucky and find a CV joint that will fit. As mentioned, they're not too difficult to deal with, all you might need are CV band pliers.
The front drive shaft is 5' long and I really don't exactly know what kind of joint it has. But I know it isn't a normal u-joint style drive shaft, and has boots covering the joints. I decided I'm going to cut the drive shaft and put a pillow bearing as close to the middle as possible. I should of done this a 1k hours ago. Thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts