Justifiable Homicide - Rancher Style

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Well dumb neighbor's 110 yearlings got out and headed towards town and the main highway last week. Group of cattle guys, and the cops, got them stopped and eventually over the last week, got them rounded up. They had went into some of the wild bush country that is south of me and east of town. About 1500 acres of nothing but trees and swamp. They were spread out and even in other neighbors fields in small bunches, so they were spread out over something like 3000 acres. 27 went to the highway and into a nearby rancher's yard, and through his fences, driving his own cattle crazy and fighting.

Anyways, here's the kicker, dumb neighbor didn't help round up the cattle, but phoned the guy that evening and told him to make sure he put new staples into his fences so that the stray cattle didn't get out again. No "I'm sorry", or offer to fix fences or compensate him.

I think my neighbor has a death wish.

Sounds like a job for cattle dogs. Do folks have them up there?

A pack of timber wolves moved into our area this spring and have been running cattle through fences. They usually stay bunched up in one herd. Why not in this case?

Some have dogs, very few are actually trained to properly handle cattle. The cattle have to be used to them as well, or you can really be asking for a wreck.

Getting to be fall here the last couple of weeks. Cattle start to spread out and go every which way. Cattle in same pasture can be split into multiple groups 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from each other.

Aaron":61k7fq7y said:
Some have dogs, very few are actually trained to properly handle cattle. The cattle have to be used to them as well, or you can really be asking for a wreck.

Ours are getting wolf trained. The bunch up really tight and bellow.

Latest posts