Justice Kennedy Announces Retirement

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":ah5edm6o said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ah5edm6o said:
Bright Raven":ah5edm6o said:
I know a lot of folks are frustrated with the party lines. The parties have figured out that to "win" they need to employ "mob psychology" and force all the "sheep" to stay in line. Lots of folks are getting frustrated having the party line crammed down their throats.

Oh, and against legalization of recreational use of marijuana.

I do not use it and never will maybe. Now why should I be against the uses for other people. I do not understand the need for it. You have whiskey, beer and wine that you can buy at any Walmart in my area and drink your troubles away.
Noone has ever died from marijuana. And no alcohol has been proven to help with illnesses. I don't smoke, but can see how it has helped a lot of people.

hurleyjd":gpfu53sa said:
True Grit Farms":gpfu53sa said:
hurleyjd":gpfu53sa said:
Never happen when the Federalist Society hands the President the list of judges to use. To many outside organizations making rules and laws for the government to go by. Elections seemed pretty fair until the Super Pacs showed up. McConnell just got 24 million from one.
The current POTUS made a list before he became president of who he'd nominate for the SCOTUS if elected.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... ourt-list/
I would think it would be someone off the list myself. It's our turn now and we need to take full advantage of it.

This list was compiled by the Federalist Society and their Head Chairman said so this week.

Just about all of the Judges Trump has nominated have been selected by Federalist Society, not just the Supreme Court.

Hook2.0":3g42zt0k said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":3g42zt0k said:
hurleyjd":3g42zt0k said:
I do not use it and never will maybe. Now why should I be against the uses for other people. I do not understand the need for it. You have whiskey, beer and wine that you can buy at any Walmart in my area and drink your troubles away.
Noone has ever died from marijuana. And no alcohol has been proven to help with illnesses. I don't smoke, but can see how it has helped a lot of people.
Not exactly accurate. Many have died from driving while High.
While that is true, I would wager it is a small % compared to drunks driving or other hard drugs.
I should clarify and say no one has died from OD which cannot be said about alcohol or other drugs

Jeanne - Simme Valley":30mu0isv said:
hurleyjd":30mu0isv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":30mu0isv said:
Oh, and against legalization of recreational use of marijuana.

I don't get the hypocrisy. Cigarettes are evil and marijuana is righteous.
Your burning a carbon based plant and sucking the smoke down your lungs and exposing others. Both are drugs just different effects but still drugs.

I have done quite a lot of research on it because I have a relative that has a child that benefits greatly from medical marijuana. There has been no connection to the mari smoke to lung cancer, although they think it probably does. But, most of the medical is in oral based form. They have recently come up with a systemic that they rub on the bottom of your foot (I believe). Anyway, I am for legalizing the use of it. Too many parents have to move away or buy it illegally to help their children.

A young Mexican woman that works at the local bank told me that her Grand Mother takes the flower buds of the marijuana
plant and steeps them in Tequila for pain relieve of aching joints and muscle.Grand mother called it her herbal lineament.

hurleyjd":ex3d6miu said:
A young Mexican woman that works at the local bank told me that her Grand Mother takes the flower buds of the marijuana
plant and steeps them in Tequila for pain relieve of aching joints and muscle.Grand mother called it her herbal lineament.
Half dozen flower buds to three fingers of Tequila. :lol: :lol:

Not here. But come to think of it, I haven't been in any Walmart out side the 2-3 counties around me, and none of the newer ones. The closest one, (Cleveland) is in a different but dry county as far as selling bottled spirits goes..no liquor stores. That may be why I've not seen hard liquor sold in a Walmart.

slick4591":3sr6b4cv said:
None around here have liquor as they are in cities that haven't voted liquor sales as legal. Beer and wine is different tho.

Not 'wet'..not 'dry', but 'moist' according to TABC.

TexasBred":3evdzs8z said:
hurleyjd":3evdzs8z said:
Half dozen flower buds to three fingers of Tequila. :lol: :lol:

Right or wrong..... guaranteed to cure what ails ya!

slick4591":3bpz1b9y said:
Ain't no cure. Just makes you not give a shyte! :lol:
I've always found all pain meds to be that way, which is why I rarely ever take any. The pain is still there....ya just don't care much.

In 1986 the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that in granting liberty, the U.S. constitution does not confer
"a fundamental right to engage in homosexual activity." The 4 dissenting cited invasion of privacy.
Sandra Day O'Connor was the swing vote in upholding the ruling.

In 2003 the Supreme Court did something rare and interesting by overturning the 1986 ruling (6-3) which
opened the door in 2015 for the Supreme Court to rule 5-4 that same sex marriage is a fundamental right
under the U.S. constitution. Justice Kennedy was the swing vote ruling in favor of same-sex marriage.

Latest posts