Justice Kennedy Announces Retirement

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":2zatfeeg said:
There is a lot of money involved on each side. Amazing that our country is run like sports teams. Always have to be divided and supporting the red team or the blue team. How about Sheldon Adelson where everyone running on the red team has to go once a year to kiss is ring. Just saying that too much money is involved on all sides.

Good analogy. Money does have influence and as much as the process has become "The American Side Show" - it stays relatively non-violent.

True Grit Farms":3nlvpg0v said:
hurleyjd":3nlvpg0v said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3nlvpg0v said:
How do you feel about George Soros?

Looks like he spends his money trying to afford you the rights you are fighting for.

"Soros previously boasted a net worth of $23 billion, but after completing a transfer of $18 billion from his offices to charity, as Forbes reported in 2017, his net worth decreased to a much more modest figure, relatively speaking. The charity in question was Soros' own, the Open Society Foundations, which promotes "democratic governance, freedom of expression and respect for individual rights."
Words don't mean do do, your smarter than that.

Do you mean that words don't mean "do do" coming from one side...but if they come from the other side - they are gospel?

Bright Raven":1s42jnfp said:
True Grit Farms":1s42jnfp said:
hurleyjd":1s42jnfp said:
Looks like he spends his money trying to afford you the rights you are fighting for.

"Soros previously boasted a net worth of $23 billion, but after completing a transfer of $18 billion from his offices to charity, as Forbes reported in 2017, his net worth decreased to a much more modest figure, relatively speaking. The charity in question was Soros' own, the Open Society Foundations, which promotes "democratic governance, freedom of expression and respect for individual rights."

Do you mean that words don't mean "do do" coming from one side...but if they come from the other side - they are gospel?
Should of been "that big talk is worth do do squat" naw I seen lies from both sides. A lot more from one side than the other, but still lies all the same.

True Grit Farms":g069r8c4 said:
Bright Raven":g069r8c4 said:
True Grit Farms":g069r8c4 said:

Should of been "that big talk is worth do do squat" naw I seen lies from both sides. A lot more from one side than the other, but still lies all the same.

Anyone who has 2 cents worth of objectivity should be disgusted with the entire Political State of Affairs. Can it be fixed? Can issues ever again be debated with dignity and objectivity for the sake of good governance? Or is it now more about winning that real solutions?

True Grit Farms":2fzxtyps said:
hurleyjd":2fzxtyps said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2fzxtyps said:
Time to unite this country. Nothing should be 100% to the left or 100% to the right.

Never happen when the Federalist Society hands the President the list of judges to use. To many outside organizations making rules and laws for the government to go by. Elections seemed pretty fair until the Super Pacs showed up. McConnell just got 24 million from one.
The current POTUS made a list before he became president of who he'd nominate for the SCOTUS if elected.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... ourt-list/
I would think it would be someone off the list myself. It's our turn now and we need to take full advantage of it.

This list was compiled by the Federalist Society and their Head Chairman said so this week.

jehosofat":38yf8r1u said:
The days of civility are over, better figure out which side you wanna be aligned with.

Taking sides is part of the problem. What about taking each issue and deciding it on its merits?

Bright Raven":2cf77vzo said:
jehosofat":2cf77vzo said:
The days of civility are over, better figure out which side you wanna be aligned with.

Taking sides is part of the problem. What about taking each issue and deciding it on its merits?

Exactly.

A person can be pro abortion, pro 2nd amendment, anti civil rights, and indifferent on gay marriage can't they?

TennesseeTuxedo":2pkr4cff said:
Bright Raven":2pkr4cff said:
jehosofat":2pkr4cff said:

Exactly.

A person can be pro abortion, pro 2nd amendment, anti civil rights, and indifferent on gay marriage can't they?

I know a lot of folks are frustrated with the party lines. The parties have figured out that to "win" they need to employ "mob psychology" and force all the "sheep" to stay in line. Lots of folks are getting frustrated having the party line crammed down their throats.

Bright Raven":1v9ns66f said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1v9ns66f said:
Bright Raven":1v9ns66f said:

Exactly.

I know a lot of folks are frustrated with the party lines. The parties have figured out that to "win" they need to employ "mob psychology" and force all the "sheep" to stay in line. Lots of folks are getting frustrated having the party line crammed down their throats.

Oh, and against legalization of recreational use of marijuana.

TennesseeTuxedo":4qf59lrn said:
Bright Raven":4qf59lrn said:
TennesseeTuxedo":4qf59lrn said:
Exactly.

Oh, and against legalization of recreational use of marijuana.

I do not use it and never will maybe. Now why should I be against the uses for other people. I do not understand the need for it. You have whiskey, beer and wine that you can buy at any Walmart in my area and drink your troubles away.

greybeard":1b874qtt said:
You have whiskey, beer and wine that you can buy at any Walmart in my area and drink your troubles away.

You can buy whiskey at Walmart now?

Not at the moment but in the near future. Walmart in the process to be able to. They will more than likely get it done $$$$$$.

I understand the reasoning why Supreme Court Judges are appointed for life, but I believe adding mandatory
retirement at age 78 would be in the best interest of the country.

Wm Rehnquist died in office at age 80
Antonin Scalia died in office at age 80
Stephen Breyer turns 80 next month
Kennedy is retiring at 82.
Ruth Bader Ginsberg 85 has said she wants to break John Paul Stevens mark of age 90.

Sandra Day O'Connor is 88 and appears she had the good judgment to retire 12 years ago.

Son of Butch":17gubch2 said:
I understand the reasoning why Supreme Court Judges are appointed for life, but I believe adding mandatory
retirement at age 78 would be in the best interest of the country.

Wm Rehnquist died in office at age 80
Antonin Scalia died in office at age 80
Stephen Breyer turns 80 next month
Kennedy is retiring at 82.
Ruth Bader Ginsberg 85 has said she wants to break John Paul Stevens mark of age 90.

Sandra Day O'Connor is 88 and appears she had the good judgment to retire 12 years ago.

Ruth might be around a long time, look at her exercise routine: http://www.health.com/fitness/ruth-bade ... rg-workout

Latest posts