just ordered some maga hats

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":8oy7p94l said:
Bright Raven":8oy7p94l said:
Caustic Burno":8oy7p94l said:
Open carry is also called first target.
Pearl is for a pimp from a NOLA cat house.

Patton line. "Son, only a pimp in a Louisiana whore- house carries pearl-handled revolvers. These are ivory."

There were several disparaging remarks towards Louisana. Either Patton or the writer didn't much care for the state.

Look into Louisiana Maneuvers 1941 and you'll see why. He and lots of other US Army personnel were stationed there and some liked La, whereas Patton and others were less than impressed.
One example:
Several years ago I interviewed the late George Albritton of Robeline, La. at a Veterans Event. George was a Natchitoches Parish boy raised near Robeline, La. During the summer between his junior and senior school years, he went to work in a filling station in Leesville, La. to earn some much needed money. One Saturday during the maneuvers, George saw this big black Cadillac pull into his station with general's flags flying on the front bumper. George said a tall, extremely well dressed army officer emerged from the Cadillac and asked to use the rest room. George had just it up real good. The officer came out and wanted to know who owned and operated the station. George politely told the officer. The officer replied he was going to write the Texas Oil Company (Texaco) a commendation for he had just found the "only clean restroom in the State of Louisiana"!

The scene from the movie where Patton was directing traffic of tanks, jeeps, and trucks, was taken from a true event that actually happened in the small town of Many Louisiana during those same La Maneuvers.
Those maneuvers involved 400,000 troops.
From wiki:

Quartermaster Supply Unit during Louisiana Maneuvers.
Around 400,000 troops were divided into equal armies of two fictitious countries: Kotmk (Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Kentucky), also called the Red Army; and Almat (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee), or the Blue Army. The troops were organized into a total of 19 divisions.

From August to September 1941, the armies fought over 3,400 square miles (8,800 km²) of Louisiana. The area spanned from the Sabine River east to the Calcasieu River and north to the Red River.

They fought over navigation rights and strategic points along the Mississippi River.[4]

Lawd have Mercy . . . . . . . . .BR, a month ago you had a 44 Mag strapped on cause some derelick was runnin loose in the neighborhood. Why you so against somebody carrying a little iron?

jehosofat":12febm2i said:
Lawd have Mercy . . . . . . . . .BR, a month ago you had a 44 Mag strapped on cause some derelick was runnin loose in the neighborhood. Why you so against somebody carrying a little iron?
Where did he say he was against someone carrying?

jehosofat":30sgxi80 said:

Lol. Did you see CB's comment. I was being sarcastic. I think his "first target" comment should be taken serious. The open carry guy is going to be the first target when the bad guy feels threatened.

ez14.":21626hn4 said:
jehosofat":21626hn4 said:
Where did he say he was against someone carrying?

Good point!

Caustic Burno":74vzkaye said:

Just ask this homeowner: (well, you can't--he tells no tales)
https://cbs4indy.com/2018/07/31/armed-h ... -intruder/

AURORA, CO – Two men were killed Monday night in Aurora – an armed homeowner killed an intruder before he was fatally shot by an officer moments later.

KDVR reports police were called to a home early Monday morning after receiving a call about an intruder. When they arrived, they heard shots fired from inside the home. They encountered an armed man when they entered, and one of the officers fatally shot him.

greybeard":37me62px said:
Caustic Burno":37me62px said:

AURORA, CO – Two men were killed Monday night in Aurora – an armed homeowner killed an intruder before he was fatally shot by an officer moments later.

KDVR reports police were called to a home early Monday morning after receiving a call about an intruder. When they arrived, they heard shots fired from inside the home. They encountered an armed man when they entered, and one of the officers fatally shot him.

That just sucks. Brings on a lot of thoughts too.

JMJ Farms":1gowfnuv said:
greybeard":1gowfnuv said:
Caustic Burno":1gowfnuv said:

Common sense isn't very common. I read where where two cops fired 16 times in a hostage situation, needless to say the hostage died.

Caustic Burno":11t5b7hr said:
Kinda can't blame the cops for having itchy trigger fingers. The last few years they have had a bigger than normal target on their backs.
BS, how about if it was some of your clan? You can't just start shooting folks because they have a gun. Sure would be a good way for the anti gun - vegan groups to get their wish.

True Grit Farms":mhb8uawj said:
JMJ Farms":mhb8uawj said:
greybeard":mhb8uawj said:

Common sense isn't very common. I read where where two cops fired 16 times in a hostage situation, needless to say the hostage died.

I just watched that clip this morning on yahoo news. I couldn't believe some of the cops opened fire with the hostage between them and the bad guy. One cop had a flanking position, I could see him taking the shot, but the others - no way, too risky.

True Grit Farms":1ftpwj9x said:
Caustic Burno":1ftpwj9x said:
Kinda can't blame the cops for having itchy trigger fingers. The last few years they have had a bigger than normal target on their backs.
BS, how about if it was some of your clan? You can't just start shooting folks because they have a gun. Sure would be a good way for the anti gun - vegan groups to get their wish.

Your paranoid butt is throwing the :bs: flag . You go to the grocery store like a gunfight at the OK Corral.

I've been thinking about this post since I first saw it. Nothing against buying MAGA hats, I think everyone has the right to voice their opinion, but I probably wouldn't hire someone with political messages all over the place. It doesn't matter if it was pro-Trump, Hillary, Bernie, Joe, Romney, etc. I just want you to show up, do the job well, be polite and leave that stuff at the door of the truck when you get out.

I hope it improves business for you, though, as I hope all small businesses flourish.

Caustic Burno":6n5a9jrr said:
True Grit Farms":6n5a9jrr said:
Caustic Burno":6n5a9jrr said:

Your paranoid butt is throwing the :bs: flag . You go to the grocery store like a gunfight at the OK Corral.
What the heck does that have to do with trigger happy cops killing one of your family members?
I plan on never having to defend myself or anyone else. But if the need ever arises I'd like to think that I'd stand chance. That's the reason we carry a shotgun in our vehicles, I guess you can always run.

True Grit Farms":r3kxumcr said:
Caustic Burno":r3kxumcr said:
True Grit Farms":r3kxumcr said:

What the heck does that have to do with trigger happy cops killing one of your family members?
I plan on never having to defend myself or anyone else. But if the need ever arises I'd like to think that I'd stand chance. That's the reason we carry a shotgun in our vehicles, I guess you can always run.

I was visual seeing you with a cop uniform on. Made it very understandable for paranoia.

Caustic Burno":24syb2c7 said:
True Grit Farms":24syb2c7 said:
Caustic Burno":24syb2c7 said:

I was visual seeing you with a cop uniform on. Made it very understandable for paranoia.
Not me, I prefer under cover.

NonTypicalCPA":3ehr3xyg said:
Here it is.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/body-cam-l ... h/22606152

Don't get me wrong, I'm a true supporter of our police forces, but those were some risky shots taken by the 3 or 4 officers that didn't end well for the lady.

I conceal carry btw. Open carry while more comfortable definitely paints a target on you.

I share your feelings regarding supporting LEOs. And I was not at the scene. Simply based on the video that was just plain stupid. It should have been dealt with before he ever got close to the woman. He had a knife. They had firearms with both lethal and non lethal rounds. And they were still scared to death. And this imo is what cost this lady her life. So sad. And stupid.

ga.prime":2ciy8ydr said:
I had a dream last night me and my brother were in a car and some guy stuck his arm through the window on the passenger side where I was sitting and pointed a revolver at my brother and I slammed his arm up against the windshield with my left hand and got him around the neck with my right arm and choked him to death.
You're really lucky you didn't pull his head off and muck up the car. :shock: :lol2:

JMJ Farms":3hi90uul said:
NonTypicalCPA":3hi90uul said:
Here it is.

https://www.ksbw.com/article/body-cam-l ... h/22606152

Don't get me wrong, I'm a true supporter of our police forces, but those were some risky shots taken by the 3 or 4 officers that didn't end well for the lady.

I conceal carry btw. Open carry while more comfortable definitely paints a target on you.

I share your feelings regarding supporting LEOs. And I was not at the scene. Simply based on the video that was just plain stupid. It should have been dealt with before he ever got close to the woman. He had a knife. They had firearms with both lethal and non lethal rounds. And they were still scared to death. And this imo is what cost this lady her life. So sad. And stupid.
Looks to me that mob mentality took over.
All that shooting was certainly not to protect the victim.
Maybe, like Barney, they should be issued just one bullet.

Latest posts