Just Making Sure

Help Support CattleToday:

Mongoose

Reaction score
RedHeifer.jpg

This is Pinkeye right on its left eye? I havent seen many cases of Pinkeye and I was just making sure. I just roped her and gave 10cc of LA200.

It may or may not be pinkeye. It could just be irritated by weeds or brush. Either way it will start to water and attract flies so you definatly did the right thing getting some LA200 in the calf. If it does not look better in 3 days I would redose. Good luck.

It might have been poked by a twig or something, but it sure does look like Pinkeye. I was planning on doing what you said, redoseing in about 48-72 hours. Thanks.

Could be an injury. I don't recall any pink eye cases here being so swollen, but I don't remember as well as I used to either! :)

Either way, the LA200 will definately help her. Look for the white dot in her eye.. that will help determine if it's pinkeye or not.

What do you estimate is the weight of that animal? 10cc is about the right dosage for a 200 pounder (technically a 222 pounder). I would rather give one a few more cc's than the instructions call for than to short 'em.

Just my two cents worth
Cuz

I gave her 300lbs worth. She weighs about 275-300. On a side note I gave her that shot about 3 in the afternoon and already this morning when I went to check on her about 8 oclock it looked 80-85% better.

Latest posts